Tekken 4 and Tekken 5
Hello Smile

This is probably going to be the most dumbest question ever but I will give it a shot...

Is there anyway to modify the PS2 isos of Tekken 4 and Tekken 5 to only include one mode? In this case, I wish for "Tekken 4" to have "Arcade" mode, and Tekken 5 to have "Time Attack" mode. The reason I am asking is because the MAME emulation of both Tekken 4 and Tekken 5 will probably never be emulated, and I want to make the PS2 isos closely resemble the Namco System 246/256 versions as much as possible. 

I am sure I will get judged immensely for asking if such a method is possible, but since it's been 8 years since the Namco System 246/256 games were added to MAME, and has made no progress, I wondered if I can achieve a near perfect arcade version with the PS2 isos....Please don't judge me...  Sad

Many thanks for your time.

Kindest regards,
AnimeFan95

Sponsored links

Nope.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Oh. Ok.

Thank you for replying.
Of course there is a way. Just unencrypt the code of the games. Program the modes in. basic stuff Wink
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

Really? Can you please tell me how I would achieve this or show me the steps as to how to reprogram the games?

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
AnimeFan95
(11-21-2017, 02:32 PM)AnimeFan95 Wrote: Really? Can you please tell me how I would achieve this or show me the steps as to how to reprogram the games?

This is where you come in and share your progress since we don't know how to do that Tongue
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
He told you how :
Quote:Just unencrypt the code of the games.
How to do it ?
er... well. Let's forget it's strictly forbidden, you will need a debugger to make some reverse engineering, do some programming (generally in C++), and finally compile your new source with a PS2 compiler.
You can skip the 1st step by directly asking Namco to kindly give you the copyrighted source they own.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-21-2017, 02:39 PM)jesalvein Wrote: He told you how :
How to do it ?
er... well. Let's forget it's strictly forbidden, you will need a debugger to make some reverse engineering, do some programming (generally in C++), and finally compile your new source with a PS2 compiler.
You can skip the 1st step by directly asking Namco to kindly give you the copyrighted source they own.

What PS2 compiler would I have to use to recompile the games? Stupid question I know...And can you use any IDE to decrypt the iso files?

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
AnimeFan95
(11-21-2017, 02:58 PM)AnimeFan95 Wrote: What PS2 compiler would I have to use to recompile the games? Stupid question I know...And can you use any IDE to decrypt the iso files?

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
AnimeFan95

The one Sony will give you if you ask them and pay for it, i guess.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-21-2017, 03:00 PM)jesalvein Wrote: The one Sony will give you if you ask them and pay for it, i guess.
If I went for the first option, would I need a tool to open the iso file and edit the game files in an IDE?

Sorry for asking such weird questions. I am not a strong programmer...

Kind regards,
AnimeFan95