Tekken 5 How to Works??
(04-19-2009, 10:34 AM)redlof Wrote: I have windows7 and XP with an X2 4400+ running at 2.56 GHZ. I haven't tried pcsx2 for a while now. Can you please tell me precisely what settings I should use.

Mine has a 50/60 selector in the options so I use the 50Hz Tongue
If you want to try exactly what I did then set the VU steal hack to max (you will lose special effects like blood and such),unlock the fps so it goes over 50/60 and you should get fullspeed if it goes to about 75-85fps (you can feel it and see it on the seconds counter ingame).
You have to unlock the limiter or set the custom fps to 75-85 because it will be slow on the natural 50/60 fps ...use Peops sound because it plays normal even when the fps is lower/higher than normal.

I don't know how AMDs perform but it works this way without VU skip,and the hack itself doesn't skip frames in this game for me...I don't think anything can be said with guarantee because of the nature of this hack.
Give it a shot,just remember to unlock the fps totally or lock it at 75-85 Laugh
Um,yeah...the EE & IOP X2 hacks seem to work alright too as a plus to this.
It's a hackfest and it's funny the game doesn't break but works...sometimes even faster than it should but not on all stages,some points are still slow but it' a huge speedup in overall. Laugh As an example Final Stage 2 is funny,in some angles it's slow and in some it's extremely fast but most stages play well.

I also used the latest gsdx but I think the older 1.4 can squeeze a few fps more.I use dx9 mode in 1200x1200 (don't like the stripes in dx10) on a GeForce 9600GT,moved from Vista to Win7 x64 build 7077

btw the latest rev that tekken 5 works on normally is r1007,from r1008 the menus are black but when you blindly get ingame it works.The latest rev now is 1018 and it's not fixed yet.

edit: on 3.5Ghz with this method every stage is too fast if I don't set a fps cap.
[Image: sysp-93326.png]

Sponsored links

(04-19-2009, 03:06 PM)Archer Mac Wrote:
(04-19-2009, 10:34 AM)redlof Wrote: I have windows7 and XP with an X2 4400+ running at 2.56 GHZ. I haven't tried pcsx2 for a while now. Can you please tell me precisely what settings I should use.

Mine has a 50/60 selector in the options so I use the 50Hz Tongue
If you want to try exactly what I did then set the VU steal hack to max (you will lose special effects like blood and such),unlock the fps so it goes over 50/60 and you should get fullspeed if it goes to about 75-85fps (you can feel it and see it on the seconds counter ingame).
You have to unlock the limiter or set the custom fps to 75-85 because it will be slow on the natural 50/60 fps ...use Peops sound because it plays normal even when the fps is lower/higher than normal.

I don't know how AMDs perform but it works this way without VU skip,and the hack itself doesn't skip frames in this game for me...I don't think anything can be said with guarantee because of the nature of this hack.
Give it a shot,just remember to unlock the fps totally or lock it at 75-85 Laugh
Um,yeah...the EE & IOP X2 hacks seem to work alright too as a plus to this.
It's a hackfest and it's funny the game doesn't break but works...sometimes even faster than it should but not on all stages,some points are still slow but it' a huge speedup in overall. Laugh As an example Final Stage 2 is funny,in some angles it's slow and in some it's extremely fast but most stages play well.

I also used the latest gsdx but I think the older 1.4 can squeeze a few fps more.I use dx9 mode in 1200x1200 (don't like the stripes in dx10) on a GeForce 9600GT,moved from Vista to Win7 x64 build 7077

btw the latest rev that tekken 5 works on normally is r1007,from r1008 the menus are black but when you blindly get ingame it works.The latest rev now is 1018 and it's not fixed yet.

edit: on 3.5Ghz with this method every stage is too fast if I don't set a fps cap.

wow I love this new rev
the game runs full speed
I also have the PAL version and have kept it at 50fps.
there are slowdowns in most of the stages with different camera angles. I guess if the cpu is faster the game would have no problem.
in all the game is playable with a playable FPS.

I am not using this hack turned all the way up. its set to one unit lesser than up.
alongside I am using x3 sync hack
cpu is not limited either.
From the first day I tried pcsx2 I wanted to play tekken5 at full speed and now I can.
thank you pcsx2 devs.
(04-19-2009, 11:12 AM)Register Wrote: @redlof : i just download pcsx2 v.1002, so try this game in windows7 then for directx.10 mode, if your gpu support directx.10, this feature can give you more fps. take speed hacks x2 cyle rates, vu cycle stealing at moderate but ingame bit slow regadless full fps/60fps or you can take at slight speedup to prevent that slow. for me gpu plugin gsdx.r.1006 0.1.15 (directx.10 mode, native res and texture filtering enable, interlance blend bbf 1/2fps), sound plugin Peopspu2 1.9 (this plugin is still good without unsync at.50fps between sound and frame), cdvd.1.0 from gabest/gigahertzcdvd for cdvd plugin. speed hacks x2 cycle rates, advance potion clamp to normal for EE recs, clamp to none for Vu recs, enable all Ftz and DaZ. CPU set to limit or if you take vu cycle stealing slight speedup you have to take vu skip in option, i think set to 60, 56, 1, 1/2 is still good. take option progressif scan too in menu game if you set native res at gsdx option.

I have a dx10 card 9500GT, I think I sould put this in my signature.
the game runs fast on both GSdx and ZeroGS. its sharper in GSdx an in ZeroGS not very much. Increasing the AA helps but the games then runs slow.