Tekken 5 Won't load past Namco
I'm quite new at this, so any additional details you can just ask me. I've set up the emulator and have an Iso of Tekken 5, but It won't load past Namco. Screen goes black, says Namco in red and just stays like that. Now I figured if the game file was corrupt, it wouldn't load at all so I'm wondering whats wrong and how can I find out how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

A few general questions, what version of the emulator are you using 0.9.6? 1474 beta? Also can you post pictures of all your settings (CPU, speed hacks, graphics plugin, etc) as well as your PC specs (video card, processor, amount of ram, etc)
PC Specs:

AMD Athlon™ 64 X@ Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.00GHz
Ram: 1023MB
System: Vista 32 bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

For the Emulator Im using 0.9.6.

Unrelated to Tekken 5, but I also just tried out Tekken Tag Tournment. This game actually loads into it, but it is very slow and choppy no matter what options I try change around, with black lines across the screen etc.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok, I got the game past the Namco screen by re extracting it and making a new one. Now the game loads up into the intro game thing for Tekken 5, which is an older Namco game where you shoot ships. As soon as I get past this though, the emulator crashes. Have no idea what to do about this.
First, I'd try updating to the latest beta http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html

Second, since you have such a slow processor (good for 2d games, but most 3d games require a 3+ghz to run smoothly) I'd turn on 2x cycle hack and use slight to moderate on VU cycle steal (option only available on the new beta)
I've got that, now I can't even open the ISO. The CDDVDrom plugin (when I click test) says Test Failed. Something I need to download for it? Currently says Linuz ISO CDVD 0.9.0
You should be fine as long as you're up to date on directX. I think the latest version is the march release. If the newer version plugin doesn't work, the older version from 0.9.6 should still work. That said, what does the plugin say when you go to configure it?
(07-30-2009, 04:23 AM)Koji Wrote: You should be fine as long as you're up to date on directX. I think the latest version is the march release. If the newer version plugin doesn't work, the older version from 0.9.6 should still work. That said, what does the plugin say when you go to configure it?

I installed the latest Direct X.

I just took some pics of whats going on, just incase I've done something wrong.

Also, ty very much for helping me out here Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Run the game with "run > execute" instead of "file > run cd/dvd" and it should be fine.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Ok so I select Tekken 5.iso file and then click to run it and it still fails. Selecting the DVD drive that the ISO is mounted too makes me keep clicking into the ISO and the files in it, and I have no idea what to select. Also, still trying it on Tekken Tag Tournment the game still runs incredibly choppy and has black lines and screen flashes and character models look odd.