Tekken 5 Works but its very slow
Tongue 
CPU: Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz
MB : Gigabayte GA-MA770T-UD3
HDD: WD 640GB Caviar Blue AAKS
VGA: GTX 460 MSI HAWK 1GB
RAM: 4GB(2x2) Kingston 1600MHz HyperX CL9

I found one map that does not have slowdowns but I am interested is there any 100% fix?
I did have black lines I fixed with ugly native resolution, and I did try from Safest to Mostly Harmful.
Thanks for helping me happy emulation everyone...Biggrin

Sponsored links

The game has a pretty bad engine (unoptimized) plus make sure you don't use EE Cyrclerate and VU Cyrcle Stealing, it's one of those games that reduces negatively the results in speed.
Also I think that the AMD Phenom CPU and MSI cards combination for PCSX2 is a no-go-cocktail for such sluggish and demanding games as Tekken series (atleast it's relatively inferior compared to an i3 + Nvidia/AMD Radeon with the same specs). Last but not least PCSX2 tends to prefer Intel CPUs + Nvidia or AMD cards, one of the reasons is the instruction sets (they are not compatible universaly) which end up affecting speed alot.
Ah also make sure you have the latest SVN version of PCSX2.
your cpu is not up to emulating this game

maybe if you overclocked it to 4.8Ghz... but i don't see that happening
(09-19-2012, 03:56 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: The game has a pretty bad engine (unoptimized) plus make sure you don't use EE Cyrclerate and VU Cyrcle Stealing, it's one of those games that reduces negatively the results in speed.
Also I think that the AMD Phenom CPU and MSI cards combination for PCSX2 is a no-go-cocktail for such sluggish and demanding games as Tekken series (atleast it's relatively inferior compared to an i3 + Nvidia/AMD Radeon with the same specs). Last but not least PCSX2 tends to prefer Intel CPUs + Nvidia or AMD cards, one of the reasons is the instruction sets (they are not compatible universaly) which end up affecting speed alot.
Ah also make sure you have the latest SVN version of PCSX2.

I see that my hardware is not in love with PCSX2 but what can I do my old PC cant run PCSX2.
EE and VU did help thank you (did help but its not fast enough* but for my usage me and my friends can play on one map that does not lag and I will get from the internet a memory card save so I dont have to unlock all characters on laggy stages)
Whats SVN?
http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
[Image: newsig.jpg]
With new SVN it works almost 100% only on some maps little slowdown, thank you "Bositman" and "VIRGIN KLM" Biggrin
No prob. I have slowdowns here and there on this game too. Resolution/Antialiasing or whatever GSdX related doesn't seem to affect speed at all. A good note that Devil Within Mode and all the Arcade History modes flush memory and use a different engine which seems to not have the common bugs of Capcom games for some reason (like the lines issue and the bad relationship with EE/VU speedhacks). Intresting.
(09-20-2012, 03:41 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: No prob. I have slowdowns here and there on this game too. Resolution/Antialiasing or whatever GSdX related doesn't seem to affect speed at all. A good note that Devil Within Mode and all the Arcade History modes flush memory and use a different engine which seems to not have the common bugs of Capcom games for some reason (like the lines issue and the bad relationship with EE/VU speedhacks). Intresting.

I did notice that, but I think Tekken 3 is faster then it was on ps1
Orochimaru: To Jiraiya and Tsunade. "Hate only gives birth to even more hate."
(09-20-2012, 04:25 PM)M@gic_HAT Wrote: I did notice that, but I think Tekken 3 is faster then it was on ps1
It's because it's from an earlier build from the PSOne one which used unballanced characters and different framerate than the one on PSOne (developers could not archieve fluent gameplay on PSOne and they had to lower framerate, the texture quality and the total number of polygons).

Also what's the highest possible resolution on Tekken 5? (Meh Antialiasing always produces those lines even on native resolution) These are the maximum ones I could find without the lines:

Horizontal: 1200
Vertical: 1920
(09-20-2012, 06:58 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: It's because it's from an earlier build from the PSOne one which used unballanced characters and different framerate than the one on PSOne (developers could not archieve fluent gameplay on PSOne and they had to lower framerate, the texture quality and the total number of polygons).

Also what's the highest possible resolution on Tekken 5? (Meh Antialiasing always produces those lines even on native resolution) These are the maximum ones I could find without the lines:

I think thats it
Orochimaru: To Jiraiya and Tsunade. "Hate only gives birth to even more hate."