Tekken 5 and general help?
Hi Guys and Girls.

Ive joined today to say thankyou very much for creating this emulator that allows me to play my favorite games!

My Specs:
CPU: Intel Dual Core T5800
1996 MHZ
Using nvidia 9200EM and 4gb ram and an extra 4 using readyboost (good enough to run Batman Arkham Asylum with no lag/fps issues at high resolution)

Im using the beta after reading other posts regarding Tekken etc PCSX2 r1888

Graphics: GSdx SSSE3
Directx3D10(hardware)
Native and only allowing 8bit textures

CDDVDROM: Linuz Iso cddvd

CPU: all checked on the left side apart from mircoVU0
Frame limit: limit is checked. (all settings are 0)

Speedhacks: default only

Everything else is default.

So i think ive set up the emu up correctly as i managed to play Tekken 4 properly even if the fps dropped to around 12-20 Smile
But now i have a question regarding Tekken 5.
My friend came over with an iso already made from his game as my game doesnt read on my ps2 anymore. but whenever i click: File>RunISOimage>Tekken5
the emu doesnt do anything and eventually closes after not responding.

Anyone got any ideas on what im doing wrong?
Thanks in advance!

Isaleem

Sponsored links

With those specs Tekken 5 will probably play at sub 10 fps, totally unplayable but anyway Tongue
If it crashes it could be one of 2 things
1)Bad/corrupt ISO image
2)You have it mounted on another program like poweriso or daemon tools or some other external program is using the file
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-14-2010, 03:39 PM)Bositman Wrote: With those specs Tekken 5 will probably play at sub 10 fps, totally unplayable but anyway Tongue
If it crashes it could be one of 2 things
1)Bad/corrupt ISO image
2)You have it mounted on another program like poweriso or daemon tools or some other external program is using the file

HAHa lol fair enough looks like im gunna go back to tekken 4 lmfao thanks bositman!
I'm in a bit of a pickle myself. I got Tekken 5 working, but the framerate's only in the 40's.

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo 4400 @ 2.00GHz
GPU: nVidia GTS250 512MB GDDR3
RAM: 2GB

I've tried all kinds of different settings like lowering resolutions, changing plugins, messing around with the speed hacks but there is no change at all. Just for fun, I tried jacking the resolution to 1440x900 since my monitor's widescreen but the framerate didn't fall. I would've thought that if it was the graphics slowing things down, then that resolution should slow everything to a crawl shouldn't it?

Is it my computer that can't handle the game or is there something fudged with the settings?

Thanks in advance.
it IS your pc that cant handle it Tongue but you can try posting pictures of all your settings so we can help more. try updating directX to the latest and gpu drivers also (257.15 or 197.77 are good on performance) those might give you some performance. after your post your settings we will be able to advice your better (probably) Tongue
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(05-28-2010, 05:32 PM)strai Wrote: CPU: Intel Core2 Duo 4400 @ 2.00GHz

Is it my computer that can't handle the game or is there something fudged with the settings?

Pretty much, you have a very slow CPU. You can try the latest beta and setting the VU cycle stealing speedhack on it to the max, game will be skippy though.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I'm having similar issues with Tekken 5. I can open the game but it hangs after I press start.

Code:
(EE) Tlb Miss, addr=0xe46f2924 [load]
(EE) PC: 0x00249f24     Cycle: 0xac00e403
(05-28-2010, 05:32 PM)strai Wrote: I'm in a bit of a pickle myself. I got Tekken 5 working, but the framerate's only in the 40's.

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo 4400 @ 2.00GHz

I've tried all kinds of different settings like lowering resolutions, changing plugins, messing around with the speed hacks but there is no change at all. Just for fun, I tried jacking the resolution to 1440x900 since my monitor's widescreen but the framerate didn't fall. I would've thought that if it was the graphics slowing things down, then that resolution should slow everything to a crawl shouldn't it?

Thanks in advance.

oke, i give you my secret nuclear weapon NinjaTongue, you may try with old pcsx2 which there still have x3 speedhacks, vuscyle stealing hack and vuskip in option then make an experiment with those hacks and make sure you already set native res at gsdx plugin. after you in menu option in game then change res. game with 480p and play that game.Biggrin
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(05-29-2010, 02:51 AM)ilovejedd Wrote: I'm having similar issues with Tekken 5. I can open the game but it hangs after I press start.

How is low performance similar to "it hangs"? Tongue

Anyway run the game with "run > execute" in the latest beta.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(05-29-2010, 05:41 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: How is low performance similar to "it hangs"? Tongue

Anyway run the game with "run > execute" in the latest beta.

(02-14-2010, 03:34 PM)isaleem Wrote: But now i have a question regarding Tekken 5.
My friend came over with an iso already made from his game as my game doesnt read on my ps2 anymore. but whenever i click: File>RunISOimage>Tekken5
the emu doesnt do anything and eventually closes after not responding.

From what I can see, the OP has the same problem I do. Thanks for the tip, though. Run > Execute seems to have done the trick.

Now I've got another problem, there are thin, black, evenly-spaced, vertical bars on the Window. I'm pretty much using the same configuration used in the PCSX2 GPU benchmark. Any idea what's causing it?

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz (stock)
Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 512MB GDDR5
Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333 CL9