Tekken 5 settings for at least 2.5 ghz dual core and above
Hey guys..I am new to this forum but not to pcsx2.. ever since I've always wanted to play tekken 5 at least with a decent speed with my [email protected] ghz.. and after months of tweaking (and hoping), I am now playing tekken 5 with a humble 76-85 fps..yes it may look like it's too fast but its not, which i'l try to explain later why..

to start, this config is tested on a e2200@ 2.50 - 2.75 ghz..yes, because of pcsx2 i learned about OCing.. but to others you can play more with the vu skip..

used components:
-Pcsx2 r1221
-Gsdx9 r1285 ssse3
-zero spu2 r1214 0.4.6
-japan v02.00 (dumped bios) - a thread I accidentally bumped somewhere said that tekken 5 works best on this one..though I really dont see the difference but what the hell..
-and the rest is up to you

The configs:

Gsdx9 r1285 ssse3:

Zero spu2 r1214 0.4.6:
[attachment=19158]

Pcsx2 r1221:

since rev 984, they have added "vu cycle stealing", a new speed hack intended to speedup 3d geometries and does the trick well..but what i noticed about these new revs was that, although I get a perfect 60 fps (cause I usually set vu skip to 60-58-1-1) its pretty damn slow.. then rev 1304 came out and vu skip wasn't there anymore..Sad so by experimentation (which we always do) I set the fps limit to 80-100 and forced the skip frames by using 9999 and the ingame fight went full speed ..what gets in the way now is the sound and cut scenes which goes to the set fps..

CPU
[attachment=19160]
so basically this is the preferred cpu setting..music and cut scenes are not too fast and the ingame is almost perfect..but for others they could go 100..

speed hacks
[attachment=19161]
to set vu cycle stealing to max could damage the game or cause missing geometry..

Advance
[attachment=19162]

now this one is tricky..because those who tried tekken 5 with the advance setting shown above couldn't get to see the ingame fight..you just hear the sound, a nice fps, and lucky if you see the life bar..not unless you set the EE clamp mode to normal, you may now be able to see but gives you a slow fps in return..so what i did!!!!..... was to use background hack..Biggrin

All credits to NinjaOptimus for his background patch..!! this does not only make you choose a permanent stage for all fights but it also lets you see the ingame with the EE clamp mode to none.. yeah......Biggrin

so go through here
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-5128-post...l#pid34683
and download NinjaOptimus's pnach file and put it in the patches folder..

now you might as well change the values to your chosen stage before you put it in. To do that, just add .txt after the .pnach and edit the last value of this line "0000000C" with the corresponding value of the specific stage you want. ex: 00000002 = waterfall, 0000000F = final stage.

All stages are working although others have glitches and slowdowns..for me, the best are polar and final stage..though actually final stage 2 is fastest but unfortunately its not included in the pnach..

so if anyone is kind enough to give me the codes for final stage 2, I'd be very thankful..Smile

and lastly don't forget to enable patches in the Misc tab and then you can now play and tweak more to your liking..

hope this helps..!!

PS: please watch and rate my pcsx2 tribute of naruto ultimate ninja 4.. thanks..!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxuty75N_Ho

UDPATE:

Video demo uploaded!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byv4tO5JK...annel_page

UPDATE!!!!

I was able to try the latest gsdx plugin r1372 on pcsx2 r1233 and I gained a boost of about 10% fps from my original config..I ran the game without the patch and the game went fast and smooth on a 60-9999-0-0 setting..so feel free to try them also..thanks to Pcsx2, Gabest, Bositman and thjs community.......!!Biggrin
[Image: signature_00613.jpg]

Sponsored links

(06-06-2009, 09:53 AM)squallb Wrote: -japan v02.00 (bios) - a thread I accidentally bumped somewhere said that tekken 5 works best on this one..though I really dont see the difference but what the hell..

It is illegal to download the bios.You are suppose to dump your own bios from your ps2.
Mod. please close the thread
(06-06-2009, 10:13 AM)indiandude Wrote:
(06-06-2009, 09:53 AM)squallb Wrote: -japan v02.00 (bios) - a thread I accidentally bumped somewhere said that tekken 5 works best on this one..though I really dont see the difference but what the hell..

It is illegal to download the bios.You are suppose to dump your own bios from your ps2.
Mod. please close the thread

Yes I am sorry that I forgot to mention that this is a dumped bios..but please note that you are suppose to respond correctly of what you quote, and what you quote didn't mention about downloading bios..thanks for the comment..Smile
indiandude no witch hunting,if he did not say he downloaded it or that he doesn't own a PS2 we are treating it as legit.
squallb you should use the latest beta,that should give you some speed increase but really 2,2 ghz is very low for a game as demanding as tekken 5...overclocking to 3 (if possible) for example would give you a nice speed boost.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-06-2009, 01:27 PM)Bositman Wrote: indiandude no witch hunting,if he did not say he downloaded it or that he doesn't own a PS2 we are treating it as legit.
squallb you should use the latest beta,that should give you some speed increase but really 2,2 ghz is very low for a game as demanding as tekken 5...overclocking to 3 (if possible) for example would give you a nice speed boost.

thanks for the advice..I tried overclocking it to 3 ghz but it made my system unstable..and to mention I am still using the stock HSF so as of now, I am most stable at 2.75..I have tried the latest beta as what you have adviced but to no improvement, maybe because of the vu skip which is not there anymore..and I wasn't able to see ingame without clamping..however, I am still open for suggestions and would appreciate it..I will try to upload a video of what speed I was able to attain using the config mentioned above..surprisingly for an e2200, the gamespeed can compete as of those with newer cores with 3.0 ghz and above..thanks for the comment and hope to receive a few more advice..
(06-06-2009, 01:27 PM)Bositman Wrote: squallb you should use the latest beta,that should give you some speed increase but really 2,2 ghz is very low for a game as demanding as tekken 5...
bull, I pull 40 fps on DX10 with a 2.2, no hacks
Maybe you didn't bother to read,but as you can see he is not on Vista/Win 7 so next time you 'bull' me actually read the thread you are replying to.
Also even if you were right,how the HECK does you post contribute anything to this thread,to help the OP? You didn't post your settings,used revision of pcsx2 or anything that would help him achieve the same result as you except 'DX10 no hacks'.
If you want to show off your e-penis or something,do it elsewhere,this forum is for helping people.
(06-06-2009, 05:47 PM)Bositman Wrote: Maybe you didn't bother to read,but as you can see he is not on Vista/Win 7 so next time you 'bull' me actually read the thread you are replying to.
Also even if you were right,how the HECK does you post contribute anything to this thread,to help the OP? You didn't post your settings,used revision of pcsx2 or anything that would help him achieve the same result as you except 'DX10 no hacks'.
If you want to show off your e-penis or something,do it elsewhere,this forum is for helping people.
do we not remember, I have AN ENTIRE THREAD OF MY SETTINGS FOR EVERY GAME I PLAY. which includes tekken 5, kthx and is software mode on dx9 I can push the upper 30s. you always say "oh that's not fast enough for " and time and time again I come right behind you and make your statements completely false. You look on these things as a persone with a fast cpu ans say "oh he's bragging, time to toss him another warning" I demand that you think in another way. What do YOU THINK a person with a low-end CPU would think seeing a post like that? I'll give you just one word. HOPE. Since Win7 is still free in beta, DX10 is still readily available to XP users in the form of win7. Looks like you're the one with the e-penis pushing around your admin powers to force what you believe to be correct on everyone else. now.. if we're done dicking around..
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-5938-post...l#pid41173

these are the settings I used with my 8400GS on dx9, so the speeds on the window ARE WAY OUTDATED, don't take them as fact to MY SPEEDS NOW

edit: here's a thought.. why don't you try to be helpful, an not just say "that's too slow for "? maybe give some advice on peaking the speeds on that system. if anyone is unhelpful it's you. look throughout my 1000+ posts, a good 90% of them have been at least somewhat helpful to someone. all you do is come into these "low cpu" threads and say it's not possible. I defy you and your logic that it is, and come back with something that truely DOES WORK, and works well. 2.5 is much faster than my 2.2 I'm sure the OP can pull 50 or 60 fps on t5 with that pc and my settings.

edit2: I bet I can pull just as much speed as you on ANY game. try me, my pc is much slower than yours, but I'm THAT confident in my PC.
Ok then let's see my post and yours in this thread.

Quote:squallb you should use the latest beta,that should give you some speed increase but really 2,2 ghz is very low for a game as demanding as tekken 5...overclocking to 3 (if possible) for example would give you a nice speed boost.

That's 2 suggestions there...oh wait I didn't make any and just said his cpu is too slow! Right...

Now let's see your post

Quote:bull, I pull 40 fps on DX10 with a 2.2, no hacks

Oh look at that..a total of 0 suggestions..can that be??

Quote:edit2: I bet I can pull just as much speed as you on ANY game. try me, my pc is much slower than yours, but I'm THAT confident in my PC.

Thanks for proving that you do like to show off your e-penis,just like back then when you were saying your 8400gs was awesome but after you upgraded preached it was crap.

Also you seem to fail realizing that 30 or 40 fps is still half from full speed (if we're talking about NTSC) and because you think that is acceptable,does not mean the OP isn't already running at about that speed and is looking for more. So once more,you offered nothing in this thread but the usual spam. Call it hope,call it as in another thread answering a rhetorical question in parenthesis which had nothing to do with the topic,call it trying to be helpful,this is spam.

I now seriously regret letting you reach that post count without giving more spam warnings,it might be my fault too since I didn't make it clear that most your posts are borderline spam or pure spam (even if i tried telling you many times without having to).

About you proving me wrong again and again in various threads,I won't even go into that,it is obvious who has a better knowledge of this emulator and how it works.

These said,apologies to squallb for derailing your thread with spam.
As you (might) have learned by now, to get better speeds in Tekken 5 on XP your only choice would be overclocking or getting a faster cpu..maybe lowering the internal resolution or checking native. Try not using the EE cycle x3 hack and the vu steal to max since as you see these cause false fps readings or could even slow down your game instead of boosting the speed.
If you have a DX10 capable graphics card,you could try installing vista or win 7 although most people wouldn't just to get better speeds in a ps2 game...I guess that's what saiki meant to post in his reply.
(06-06-2009, 07:15 PM)Bositman Wrote: As you (might) have learned by now, to get better speeds in Tekken 5 on XP your only choice would be overclocking or getting a faster cpu..maybe lowering the internal resolution or checking native. Try not using the EE cycle x3 hack and the vu steal to max since as you see these cause false fps readings or could even slow down your game instead of boosting the speed.
If you have a DX10 capable graphics card,you could try installing vista or win 7 although most people wouldn't just to get better speeds in a ps2 game...I guess that's what saiki meant to post in his reply.
well, I would never in a MILLION YEARS use eex3, I top at 1.5 and that's for CGI problems, iop x2 helps out alot I've learned, use it sometimes when I feel like a speed boost. VUsteal has caused me many problems on DX10 with this game, so I never use it. this puts me at about 45-50 fps, which is more than playable [ntsc u/c] of course

offtopic for a sec: I NEVER said my 8400 gs was great, I said it was ok, and once I found its faults I used what I knew to correct them (you think I picked the number 384 out of a hat? I tested MANY resolutions, and that was wha looked and played best (both, not one of the other)) also note I got that one specifically for DX10, and nothing more