Tekken 5 speed settings??
Hi all,

im new to Pcsx2 - just wondering if anyone has the best settings for tekken 5??

I have the game running full speed UNTILL i go ingame - the game runs at 31.28 fps and my CPU only runs at 62% ??
anyone got any ideas please on the best settings to use??

Thanks

Sponsored links

not if you don't give us ur full specs
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Sorry Core Duo 2 2.33Ghz
4 gig RAM

8600GS 512
I've got specifications a little better than yours but I think that this is the best config for Tekken 5 there is!!
Pcsx2 svn 1058
gsdx-newest, I think r2085,for the fastest use,enter d3d 1000 and 1000 and enable output merger blur effect,I think it speeds up game a little!
cpu-select VU skip and in the lower menu type first 100,then 9999,then 1,then 1 or you can adjust these how do you like but I think that these are ok
advanced settings are default
speed hacks are a little bit tricky and there are 2 ways t set them:
First is to set Use x2 Cycle Rate,set Vu Cycle Stealing to max and check on the right side everything except INTC Sync Hack(as you can read it says that is HUGE speedup in MANY games but I think that's not the case in this one,and it says that some games still work better with EE sync hacks!),and
the second one is to set Default Cycle Rate,Set Vu Cycle Stealing to max and check everything on the right side,even INTC Sync Hack!

I hope it works for you as good as it does for me!Good luck! Laugh
Hi - thanks for that Smile

But can you explain

Pcsx2 svn 1058
gsdx-newest, I think r2085,for the fastest use,enter d3d 1000 and 1000 and enable output merger blur effect,I think it speeds up game a little!

i have changed the other settings you said.. but still runs slow Sad the CPU still runs at around 65% Sad everything else goes crazt fast - just not ingame Sad
Which svn revision of pcsx2 do you have?Or you have the official release from the site?

You know that there are user compiled svn revisions aka beta that are available on the Internet but they are not aloud here!!The pcsx2 svn 1058 is old svn revision which have VU skip option that is crucial for Tekken 5 to work nice!You should use google to find that revision!

And about the gsdx plugin,I meant that you should use the latest plugin there is,it is also as pcsx made in revisions and the r2085 is the latest for now,I think!Find it on google also and put it in the plugins folder!

I hope that you understood me cause I'm trying to explain you as if you are newbe!Are you new to the pcsx2?