Tekken Tag Tournament
To put it simply, why is this game such a (expletive) to run on non supercomputers, with recommended speedhacks and ee cyclerate on 3. it runs ok on some stages, but alot of the stages are unplayabely slow. Is there a specific version of pcsx2 which tuns this game well, or is my pc not good enough? if it isnt,, theny why can i run t4 and t5 perfectly

Intel Core i5-4210U @1.70Ghz (up to @2.40Ghz)
NVIDIA GeoForce GTX 850m
6GB ram

Sponsored links

Tag tournament 2 is far more demanding than 4 and 5. You're pc probably won't cut it.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(01-30-2015, 01:05 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Tag tournament 2 is far more demanding than 4 and 5. You're pc probably won't cut it.
Tag Tournament 2 was the sequel on 360/PS3. Are you referring to Tag Tournament on PS2?
Yes, I just can't type today.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Tekken Tag was a launch title for PS2 (released at original PS2 launch in Japan in March 2000 and then a slightly updated version launched with the PS2 launch in North America in November 2000) which itself was a greatly expanded version of the arcade version which launched in 1999. So the game is coded in a very odd manner (even for PS2 standards which says a lot) because the devs didn't have a large amount of time to get used to the PS2 architecture. As such they most likely took a lot of weird shortcuts and tricks to get the game up and running properly. The end-user on a PS2 wouldn't ever notice it, which is good, but on PCSX2 it becomes apparent.

Anyway, Tekken Tag heavily makes use of VU0 but doesn't use VU1 at all or very very little, which makes things pretty tough. I'm not sure if the devs could do anything to make the game run better outside of a GSdx rewrite or something else, but it is what it is. You'd have better luck playing the Arcade version via MAME like I do than getting fullspeed on PCSX2 on all stages. From my knowledge, a Haswell CPU can run it at fullspeed from 3.5ghz and above, I think.
(01-30-2015, 01:04 AM)RyanKuko Wrote: To put it simply, why is this game such a (expletive) to run on non supercomputers.
This game doesn't require a super computerTongue2 , I think a STP of 1800 will probably be enough for this game. If you want to acquire better speeds then, play the game while charging and set windows power plan to high performance.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I'm pretty sure you need a good bit higher than 1800 STP score to get consistent fullspeed on this game.
(01-30-2015, 01:41 AM)NarooN Wrote: Tekken Tag was a launch title for PS2 (released at original PS2 launch in Japan in March 2000 and then a slightly updated version launched with the PS2 launch in North America in November 2000) which itself was a greatly expanded version of the arcade version which launched in 1999. So the game is coded in a very odd manner (even for PS2 standards which says a lot) because the devs didn't have a large amount of time to get used to the PS2 architecture. As such they most likely took a lot of weird shortcuts and tricks to get the game up and running properly. The end-user on a PS2 wouldn't ever notice it, which is good, but on PCSX2 it becomes apparent.

Anyway, Tekken Tag heavily makes use of VU0 but doesn't use VU1 at all or very very little, which makes things pretty tough. I'm not sure if the devs could do anything to make the game run better outside of a GSdx rewrite or something else, but it is what it is. You'd have better luck playing the Arcade version via MAME like I do than getting fullspeed on PCSX2 on all stages. From my knowledge, a Haswell CPU can run it at fullspeed from 3.5ghz and above, I think.

Actually I read recently that this game does vertex operations entirely on the mips cpu, with VU0 doing a few things in macro mode. I guess they didn't use VU1 at all.

Makes sense that the game is really hard to emulate quickly.
Huh, that's interesting.

But man, it's crazy just how good this game looks damn near 15 years later. I know it's a fightan gaem, but still looks hella good.