Tenchu 3 screen shaking
(11-16-2016, 06:38 PM)ssakash Wrote: Thanks for the dump, I'll try to bisect the issue and the find the culprit commit if I have some free time. FlatOut would most likely find it before me though Tongue
Already found it. Tongue2

Sponsored links

Judging by how fast you found it out, I guess you were the one who caused that regression? Tongue
(11-16-2016, 07:17 PM)ssakash Wrote: Judging by how fast you found it out, I guess you were the one who caused that regression? Tongue
Your judging is off, but your guesssing is spot on regardless. Tongue2
Maybe open an issue on Github with a "regression" label? Currently, the offset detection code is full of hacks to prevent blurs at random test cases. It would be nice to reach an accurate solution on it someday.
(11-17-2016, 06:27 PM)ssakash Wrote: Maybe open an issue on Github with a "regression" label? Currently, the offset detection code is full of hacks to prevent blurs at random test cases. It would be nice to reach an accurate solution on it someday.
Nah, it's a really simple fix. I'll need to check up on a few games to confirm it's fine and then make the PR.
(11-17-2016, 06:31 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Nah, it's a really simple fix. I'll need to check up on a few games to confirm it's fine and then make the PR.

Can you check GT4? There is some screen shaking before the race begins when the cars are driving and you see them from far away.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(11-18-2016, 02:56 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Can you check GT4? There is some screen shaking before the race begins when the cars are driving and you see them from far away.
I tried reproducing it, but the few races I tried didn't have the issue. Is there a specific location/race that always reproduces it?
(11-18-2016, 03:30 PM)FlatOut Wrote: I tried reproducing it, but the few races I tried didn't have the issue. Is there a specific location/race that always reproduces it?

Circut de la Sarthe II
B-Spec: Directors mode 

It seems to happen on certain angles or camera distance. The screen shakes for a moment 
I wasn't able to reproduce the issue on A spec.

edit: It seems screen shaking continues throughout the whole race if you set the camera to look at the car from far away , there are even stutters when it happens.

edit2: I did further testing and it could actually be a driver issue. It doesn't happen on OpenGL. Only dx11 and 9, I tested older pcsx2 versions and it appears the issue is present. Or maybe Opengl can emulate better.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5