Terrible performance in GT4
Exactly what the title says, seeing as every copy of GT3 I have is broken, I ripped my friend off and gave him both damaged copies for his copy of GT4. Anyways, I have it installed, its running smoothly...ish. Every 2-3 seconds the game will freeze for half a second, and the sound will stretch out. My specs put the recommended specs down, so that cant be the problem. Ive tried raising the priority of the program in task manager, it barely helped. Also, the graphics make me want to cry, its not that they're glitchy...but they're blurry and jagged, theres no anti-aliasing whatsoever going on, that much is rather obvious, and everythings rather blurry. Its nearly impossible to read the text at the bottom when it scrolls, because it turns into a big blur that vaguely represents words/letters.

Sponsored links

Are you running from the Disc or ISO?
Can you show us your GSDX settings? I had freezing like that if I used anything higher than Native x2, but if your gpu has less than 1Gb memory i would recommend keeping it in Native.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-01-2014, 11:41 PM)Facepunch Wrote: Exactly what the title says, seeing as every copy of GT3 I have is broken, I ripped my friend off and gave him both damaged copies for his copy of GT4. Anyways, I have it installed, its running smoothly...ish. Every 2-3 seconds the game will freeze for half a second, and the sound will stretch out. My specs put the recommended specs down, so that cant be the problem. Ive tried raising the priority of the program in task manager, it barely helped. Also, the graphics make me want to cry, its not that they're glitchy...but they're blurry and jagged, theres no anti-aliasing whatsoever going on, that much is rather obvious, and everythings rather blurry. Its nearly impossible to read the text at the bottom when it scrolls, because it turns into a big blur that vaguely represents words/letters.

What are your exact specs?
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz, OC'd to 4.1GHz
GTX 660 Ti, 980MHz, 2GB VRAM
8GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 RAM
323GB SSD

Im running it from a .iso file.

I've done everything except the shader bit in this thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Gran-Turi...-ever-2013

(02-01-2014, 11:43 PM)refraction Wrote: Are you running from the Disc or ISO?
Can you show us your GSDX settings? I had freezing like that if I used anything higher than Native x2, but if your gpu has less than 1Gb memory i would recommend keeping it in Native.

http://gyazo.com/fda4009e731f226552f543c7b9dd7615
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

"If you see a bomb technician running, follow him"-USAF Ammo troop
Have you checked your core temperature during emulation. Maybe your cooling is not sufficient for the combination of 4.1GHz and PCSX2...
Watercooling, I stress tested it for an hour and a half after the OC, it never jumped past 65 degrees Celsius. I also have software that plays an exceptionally annoying noise when my CPU jumps past 70 degrees.

Have you checked if that sound/lag problem also occurs using native resolution?

Have you tried native x2 or x3 instead of custom resolution?

Have you tried the turning on/off the speedhacks that were mentioned in the link you posted?

Can you please post your spu2-x settings?

(02-02-2014, 12:09 AM)Facepunch Wrote: I also have software that plays an exceptionally annoying noise when my CPU jumps past 70 degrees.

What does that mean? Do you think you get problems if you are above 70 degrees?
You can check if your cpu is doing something strange using cpu-z during the emulation. Then look if there is a change in the clocks/voltages during lags...
Sound and lag dont change whether its native, or custom. I've tried using native x2, but not x3. Speedhacks dont seem to change anything. Spu2-x settings here: http://gyazo.com/e77de4f25735cfddde6d0bab54fa4526

(02-02-2014, 12:14 AM)Facepunch Wrote: Sound and lag dont change whether its native, or custom. I've tried using native x2, but not x3. Speedhacks dont seem to change anything. Spu2-x settings here: http://gyazo.com/e77de4f25735cfddde6d0bab54fa4526

Have you disabled Intel SpeedStep?
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
It is written in the tutorial for GT4 that you have to change clamping and rounding modes... Have you tried to restore the old standard values?