Tesselation/DX 11?
there is one old game that use tesselation, its morrowind ;]
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.

Sponsored links

I doubt very much that it's the same kind of implementation.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
morrowind with tesselation turned on.

for interested people
to get tesselation to work in morrowind you need to download "morrowind FPS optimiser" its possible to turn it on there
to get additional things like hdr, view range like in oblivion, animated trees and oblivion like grass, shaders etc download "morrowind graphics extender"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
It is not the same as DX11 one tho which is the point.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
It is still essentially the same idea. As you can see, the wire-frame consists of a bunch of triangles. What tessellation does is that it increases the amount of triangles to provide smoother surfaces. So far, I've only heard of two implementation of tessellation.
1) Increases the amount of triangles on screen. (Big performance hit)
2) Dynamically increases the amount of triangles in nearby models and leave the models in the distant alone. (Less of a performance hit)
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
This sounds like a pre-cursor to the eventual use of Splines for geometry instead of triangles. Splines go in, and the result is tessellated to match the demands of the scene and/or quality of user's hardware. It'll be a good day indeed when video cards and associated drivers/APIs allow for spline-based geometry. It's efficient, effective, and it's even quite a bit easier to develop for, from a modeler/texture guru standpoint.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Lol, splines. What a funny sounding word.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
The hit isn't as big as you'd think at least in the DX11 implementation as it comes after all the fragment shading and such. So it's only limited by triangle setup and display aka rasteration stage of the pipeline.
Tesselation can happen during real-time rendering as you can see from the AVSP footage, it's quite dynamic but I agree implementing it into the PS2 emulator might be difficult due to the wide variety of rendering situations. The DX 11 cards though launch tomorrow according to ATI. It would be cool to see if Tesselation and/or it's other features can benefit PCSX2
My guess is likely not. I'm not the Direct3D expert on the team by any means, but my understanding of the GS and our GS plugins is that they're not much more than glorified pixel pushers -- since that's what the GS itself is. The GS of the PS2 knew little or nothing of the geometry it was rendering. That stuff was performed by the VUs, which themselves must be emulated in full since they're full fledged CPUs and not specialized GPU-style units.

If DX11 can turn basic triangular texture mapping info into a tessellated image, then yeah it could work. But if it needs additional "context" info to properly extrapolate the curves (which seems likely to me), then there's probably very little we can do.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team