Tesselation/DX 11?
Not to sound idiotic, but has there been any dev talk about adding DirectX 11 support like with DirectX 10/9? Also any dev talk on adding a Tesselation feature? I think it would be cool.

Sponsored links

GSDx already has DX11 support, though it's very alpha and prone to crashing. Tesselation support hasn't been added... though there was definitely a thread on the pros and cons of each DX11 feature as it pertains to PCSX2.
[Image: 2748844.png]
What exactly is tessellation?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
It is the adding of polygons later in the pipeline so it only hurts the rasteration stage. Ie it generally makes round surfaces smoother.
Ah, cool
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(09-20-2009, 05:06 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: What exactly is tessellation?

there arent even any cards that support directx11... you cant buy HD5850 and HD5870 yet.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
(09-20-2009, 05:23 AM)dralor Wrote: It is the adding of polygons later in the pipeline so it only hurts the rasteration stage. Ie it generally makes round surfaces smoother.

it's more likely to be used the other way around
i.e. you have a highly detailed game with loooots of polygons which WILL be kind of a resource and hardware monster OO
so you use tessaliation to manage^^
as your detailed object go further away they get less detailed so they won't use as much resource and power

as for tessaliation and grafic cards now.... check out the DirectX SDK you can use Adaptive tessaliation with DX10 cards as it can use ComputeShader 4.0 (DX10 level AFAIK) but no idea if it can be as useful as detailed tessaliation
also I do not think it would help GSDX
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
(09-20-2009, 01:58 PM)nataq01 Wrote: there arent even any cards that support directx11... you cant buy HD5850 and HD5870 yet.

Direct X11 is backwards compatable with Direct X10 and 10.1 though
Yes it is backward compatible in the sense that older hardware can run on DirectX 11, and that Windows Vista can install DirectX 11.
However, new features that requires hardware support in DirectX 11 can only be used by a DirectX 11 card.

Tessellation has been supported by ATI cards ever since the 9 series in the name of Truform though. Xbox has been using this feature as it uses ATI graphic chip.

However, I don't see how PCSX2 can support such a feature, as the games do not have instructions to use it. It's not a simple quality enhancing thing that you can just apply over a polygon.