Test Drive Eve Of Destruction Shadow problem
Photo 
Hope I'm not breaking any rules but figured I'd necro/hijack this thread as I'm having the same issue. I tried refraction and FlatOut's suggestions and that fix'd it, but my fps is single digits. FPS is a solid 60 with Direct3D11 (Hardware) as the renderer but the shadows are broken like in the OP.

PC Specs,
W10 64-bit
i7-6700k
GTX 1070
16GB Ram
500GB SSD

Running PCSX2 1.5.0, latest git revision: cdfbff9

Here's the screenshots,
[Image: nyHIIBT.png]

[Image: 1gFFNc7.png]

Sponsored links

You don't need to follow my advice, that was just for an regression with AMD GPU's. Try setting the Blending Unit Accuracy to Basic or High. It should result in better performance.
(08-19-2016, 09:16 PM)FlatOut Wrote: You don't need to follow my advice, that was just for an regression with AMD GPU's. Try setting the Blending Unit Accuracy to Basic or High. It should result in better performance.

The shadows break if they're on anything but ultra.
Usually basic or high is enough, if it requires ultra there's not much you can do to improve performance. It's just very demanding.
(08-19-2016, 09:25 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Usually basic or high is enough, if it requires ultra there's not much you can do to improve performance. It's just very demanding.

This is what it looks like on high (didn't bother fixing the aspect ratio cause just testing). Full is similar to high but drops performance to 50fps. Unfortunately ultra is the only setting with correct shadows but that brings the emulator down to 20% even on my strong PC.

[Image: byBfgga.png]
Update:

I now have a GTX 970 and i5-6402P. I have the EXACT same issue on the 970 aswell. How am I supposed to fix this on an Nvidia card?

(If anyone wonders my watercooler hose flew out and killed the motherboard, sold the 7970 before that and somehow the 970 survived all of that)
Did you try the latest git build? http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
(08-19-2016, 09:34 PM)TunaCat Wrote: This is what it looks like on high (didn't bother fixing the aspect ratio cause just testing). Full is similar to high but drops performance to 50fps. Unfortunately ultra is the only setting with correct shadows but that brings the emulator down to 20% even on my strong PC.

[Image: byBfgga.png]

Sorry for necroposting, but I have the same problem if I choose the Ultra in BUA. Will ever be an update to choose the best quality shader with high?
It could be looked in to at some point to work with a lower setting, but for now, no. you're probably better off trying to use skipdraw to get rid of the shadows.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-05-2016, 07:20 PM)refraction Wrote: It could be looked in to at some point to work with a lower setting, but for now, no. you're probably better off trying to use skipdraw to get rid of the shadows.
The problem is when I use the skipdraw there is a problem analogous to an other utent in this thread.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Test-Driv...ow-problem