[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
(05-05-2014, 09:57 PM)Stow Wrote: Hello Smile

I started doing all the steps described, but when it comes to install the "vcrun2010" thing, an error window pop up:

Is it mandatory to make the whole thing work ? I don't want to risk continuing the procedure with that error.

Thank you for your answer !

Bump. I am also encountering the same problem and was wondering the same thing.

Sponsored links

So, I followed all the steps, and I'm getting nothing. Using Breath of Fire.iso and Suikoden Tactics.iso. For some reason every time i try to change the plugin settings, i get this;

Path: C:\Program Files\pcsx2-1.0.0-r5350-binaries\plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files\pcsx2-1.0.0-r5350-binaries\plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll
Path: C:\Program Files\pcsx2-1.0.0-r5350-binaries\plugins\GSdx32-AVX.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files\pcsx2-1.0.0-r5350-binaries\plugins\GSdx32-AVX.dll

I'm not really sure what to do with this. Any ideas, ConsoleEmu?
(05-12-2014, 01:15 AM)Ottoclav Wrote: So, I followed all the steps, and I'm getting nothing. Using Breath of Fire.iso and Suikoden Tactics.iso. For some reason every time i try to change the plugin settings, i get this;

Path: C:\Program Files\pcsx2-1.0.0-r5350-binaries\plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files\pcsx2-1.0.0-r5350-binaries\plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll
Path: C:\Program Files\pcsx2-1.0.0-r5350-binaries\plugins\GSdx32-AVX.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files\pcsx2-1.0.0-r5350-binaries\plugins\GSdx32-AVX.dll

I'm not really sure what to do with this. Any ideas, ConsoleEmu?
you get those errors because your CPU doenst' support those instructions sets. But that shouldn't prevent you from running pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
ConsoleEmu, avih, MacUser.

Thanks guys for your work. I want to share my experience so far using PCSX2-CE.

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (Early 2008)
4 GB DDR2 SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 MB

Using a combination of MacUser and ConsoleEmu's support I've got the program running at a steady 28/29 fps. I'm using PCSX2-CE with the latest build (5932), GSdx 5334 (SEE41) on Direct3D9 software mode and SPU2-X with Portaudio. Wine is fully updated, no XQuartz or Nvidia Toolkit.

Speedhacks have generally no effect, dropping the framerate by 1 or 2 if anything. The game I'm playing is Gladius - cutscenes play at a solid 58-60 fps, gameplay at 28/29. Any advice on how to increase that number?

EDIT: After passing the original sequence (a gameplay tutorial) the fps now clocks in around 50 on average, making it playable. It decreases occasionally during an fmv or specific gameplay, so I'm still open for advice.
Your CPU and GPU are relatively old, so you can't expect too much of them. To speed it up, do like you would do on any other (windows) slow system: Try preset 4, and reduce the resolution to native. It probably won't get much faster than this.
I've had success with using the emulator with GSDx HW mode. I'm using the latest GIT version (1.3.0-0) posted in the Developer forum.

* OSX 10.9.3
* i5 Haswell CPU
* 16GB RAM
* Nvidia GTX 670

FFX runs at around 40FPS during the intro and nothing I do changes that. Like many others, I can't change the plugin settings because it crashes the emulator. Is there anything I can do? I have also checked "Use Mac Driver instead of X11." I have also tried enabling multi-threading with no luck. I'm not currently using Nvidia CG or xQuartz.

edit: Since the newer versions of PCSX2 require the VS2013 runtime, I was able to install that to a Windows machine and copy "msvcr120.dll" and "msvcp120.dll" to the root of the PCSX2 folder inside the Wineskin. No installation necessary there.

second edit: I followed the steps of avih and downloaded the GSDX and SDL file from SVN 5179 and tested games using the software renderer. I am able to fully configure that version of the GSDX plugin through the emulator's GUI! Games now play at full speed, but are uglier than using the HW renderer, which is understandable. This is a HUGE improvement over the native Mac version of PCSX2.

third edit: Looks like I'm a little dense. ConsoleEmu's Wineskin has absolutely everything already included. However my comments regarding the VS2013 runtimes are still true. You'll need to copy the two files into the root of the PCSX2 folder to be able to run newer versions of the emulator.
I've split Mugenkaiken's post and the replies to it into this thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-split-My-...ow-on-OS-X

Guys, let's try to keep this thread only for progress in running pcsx2 on OS X. It's not a general support thread, and all those "but it's slow" posts and replies would just make it impossible to find relevant info.
Sorry, it's my fault he posted here. I actually told him it would be better to ask here. My bad.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
For those that have been updating Wineskin yourselves:

Please note that the last Wineskin version that works properly is 1.7.13

Wine broke something in subsequent releases, and 1.7.14 up to 1.7.18 (the latest release at the moment) break hardware mode and/or software mode. They will cause PCSX to quit with an error message similar to ones posted above.

Use version 1.7.13 if you are trying to get things up and running. You can test the new ones as they are released, but be aware they might not work.

-----Update-----

I tested again with 1.7.20 which was released today. Software rendering works fine. However, Hardware rendering with GSDX will crash as soon as the game tries to display 3D objects. So for example, with HW rendering FF-X will load the splash screen and a few credits, but as soon as it tries to display the intro (with 3D models) it crashes.

If you want to use HW mode, stick with 1.7.13 for now. SW mode works fine with the newer ones.
I wonder why the SDL graphics plugin was removed in all later versions than r5179? Maybe someone here knows something about that?

And I wonder why not using the Linux version as a basis for the MacOS X version? Isn't Linux closer to MacOS X than Windows?