[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
That's true. I tried Maximo Ghosts To Glory and Army Of Zin and both have some graphical distortions when using another resolution than the native one. But speed is 60 fps! Smile

If I encounter any problem I always try to use native resolution first and if this still causes problems I switch back to dx9/SW - most problems are going away after selecting it.

I found one game in my collection that is unplayable - no matter what plugin I'm trying: Burnout 3. I get only 20 fps and texture bugs. What a pity!

Sponsored links

I think burnout 3 has texture issues on windows as well. IIRC that's mimpap issues, but I _think_ it should be fixed in software mode. As for low frame rates.. yeah, different games have different hardware requirements to run at full speed - on windows as well. But it does sound like overall you got it pretty much running, which is nice Smile
Yeah. It's ok. But as I said - I do not have that much games. I put together a nice collection back in the old days for the PS2, about 15 to 20 games. I still have not converted all of them...

I'm looking forward to the OpenEmu plugin of PCSX2 - it will certainly come one day! Smile
Hey ConsoleEmu, Thank you heaps man for making this, I'm on a mac and got it and its working great, i have some sound choppiness every now and then and the fps drops to like 40ish when a battle starts and when big things happen on the screen but other than that man its awesome. I've been dying to play FFX for a few years now and just never got around to getting another ps2 or 3.But thanks heaps Laugh you're a legend.

Do you know if FFXII works with this? last time i tried a diff pcsx2 and FFXII and it was at 10-20 fps.
Thanks once again for all your hard work.
****UPDATE**** Solved the issue by updating Wineskin. It still had issues with vcrun2010 but it did run vcrun2012 just fine, and that allows PCSX2-CE to run just fine. Audio is a little skippy/glitchy, but it runs ok otherwise.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I've followed all steps listed from webpage: http://consoleemu.com/tutorials/install-pcsx2-mac

Yet I have not been able to start any games (I only have Kingdom Hearts as a .iso file to try at the moment). The only things I have noted that may be part of the problem:

1. When running Winetricks for vcrun2010 I get an error message that it "has encountered a serious problem and needs to close." All other Winetricks ran with no issues.

2. NVIDEA (cg3.1_April2012) was already installed on my Macbook Pro 15 inch early 2011 from previous attempts with PCSX2 that simply did not work.

After running the program in a test in Wine this is the log I received (if it helps any):

fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0
fixme:dwmapiLaughwmEnableMMCSS (1) stub
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 9c040 (device=9 access=3 func=10 method=0)
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage ECO_NOHIDESEL not implemented yet!
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 9c040 (device=9 access=3 func=10 method=0)
fixme:ole:RemUnknown_QueryInterface No interface for iid {00000019-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from apartment threaded to multi-threaded
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from apartment threaded to multi-threaded
fixme:xinput:XInputEnable (1) Stub!
fixme:xinput:XInputGetState (0 0x32cde4)
fixme:xinput:XInputEnable (0) Stub!
fixme:dinput:IDirectInputDevice2WImpl_EnumEffects (this=0x90e12d4,0x3d7330,0x90e1390,0x00000000): stub!
fixme:dinput:IDirectInputDevice2WImpl_EnumEffects (this=0x90e11cc,0x3d7330,0x1669e8,0x00000000): stub!
fixme:thread:NtQueryInformationThread Cannot get kerneltime or usertime of other threads
fixme:d3d:init_driver_info Unable to find a driver/device info for vendor_id=0x1002 device_id=0x6760 for driver_model=2
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0xe29e60c,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:init_driver_info Unable to find a driver/device info for vendor_id=0x1002 device_id=0x6760 for driver_model=2
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0xe29e5bc,0x00000000), stub!
set off screen: invalid drawable
X Error of failed request: 0
Major opcode of failed request: 148 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 26 (X_GLXMakeContextCurrent)
Serial number of failed request: 2721
Current serial number in output stream: 2721

Anyone else encounter this problem and fix it or anyone have some suggestions for me? My old PS2 died long ago and I've really wanted to play some of my old PS2 games again, let my nostalgia no longer be just a memory!
If you try to use GSdx with OpenGL, choose DirectX instead.
I'm having a problem where I can open the program fine, but then as soon as I try to mount an ISO the PCSXCE just crashes. I have no idea why.
(06-02-2014, 02:58 AM)thewretchededge Wrote: I'm having a problem where I can open the program fine, but then as soon as I try to mount an ISO the PCSXCE just crashes. I have no idea why.

This was the issue I was having. Did you run all of the dll's in Wineskin without any issues?
(01-08-2014, 09:36 PM)ConsoleEmu Wrote: I put together a working Wineskin port of PCSX2 with a working title of PCSX2-CE (ConsoleEmu). It runs the latest official Windows build of PCSX2! It's a pretty big download so it's currently hosted at FileFactory: you can download it here (updated Jan 28, 2014).

For detailed instructions on how to get it working, check out this tutorial on my website.

Instructions for advanced users:

1. Download the latest version of PCSX2-CE from the link above
  2. Download XQuartz
  3. Install the PCSX2 bios (drag it onto the "Drop PS2 bios files here" shortcut")
  4. Code:
    winetricks msxml3 d3dx9_36 vcrun2010
  5. Install Nvidia Cg Toolkit into the bundle
  6. Double-click PCSX2-CE.app
  7. Enjoy!

If you have time to give it a try, I'd like to know if it works for you and if you have any suggestions on how I could make it easier to use!

Specifics:
  • Based on PCSX2 1.0.0
  • Includes some plugins from recent SVN builds: USBqemu r5582 0.1.0, ZeroSPU2 r5403-Dev 0.4.6, ZeroGS 0.97.1

Hey ConsoleEmu, I followed your instructions correctly but no matter what I do I just can't install 'vcrun2010'. I always get an error and it says the process needs to be closed. I installed 'vcrun2012' instead. To run 'GSDX' in Mac, you need to open Winetricks and click 'Set Screen Options'. Then, enable the option 'use Mac Driver instead of X11'. Any tips on getting 'vcrun2010' to run though?

Also, ConsoleEmu
What are your best configurations for a…
13" MacBook Pro Mid-2010
Processor -2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory -4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics -NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
Software -OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)
------Right now, I get a solid 40-45 FPS when playing WWE Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain.

-icetherealdeal
(06-03-2014, 02:16 PM)icetherealdeal Wrote: Also, ConsoleEmu
What are your best configurations for a…

This thread is about running PCSX2 on OS X via wine. It's NOT about general "it's slow for me, what's the best config for my system?". If you have such questions, please open a new thread and ask about them there. Thanks.