[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
So I'm not sure if you're still looking for feedback, but I have this working on my iMac, and even have all buttons mapped to a PS3 controller.

I am trying to play Dragon Quest 8, and it's so so. There's massive slow downs at times, and I try to play it on Turbo X2 mode, but I still get sluggish 15FPS at times, which totally sucks for a RPG game that takes hours, can't be the hardware, this this has 32GB of RAM and 2GB Nvidia card.

PM me if you want to know my settings.

I did have a question, does the author know or can anyone comment, would I have better luck running this on VMWare in Windows?

Sponsored links

(09-26-2014, 07:01 PM)gamerrob Wrote: can't be the hardware, this this has 32GB of RAM and 2GB Nvidia card.
since pcsx2 uses mainly CPU raw power, what you mentioned isn't relevant.
Quote:I did have a question, does the author know or can anyone comment, would I have better luck running this on VMWare in Windows?
You'd probably end up with the same performances.
Your best chance would be bootcamp.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-26-2014, 07:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: since pcsx2 uses mainly CPU raw power, what you mentioned isn't relevant.
You'd probably end up with the same performances.
Your best chance would be bootcamp.

Hey, when you get the chance can you try to help me figure out how to update from 1.0.7. It's the last post on 28 so I didnt want it to get lost in all the other posts.
(09-26-2014, 08:32 PM)ChaosPro Wrote: Hey, when you get the chance can you try to help me figure out how to update from 1.0.7. It's the last post on 28 so I didnt want it to get lost in all the other posts.

No idea.
i never got interested into Mac OS
(09-26-2014, 08:34 PM)jesalvein Wrote: No idea.

Do you know if there is a way to fix the flickering/tearing I mentioned?
(09-26-2014, 08:46 PM)ChaosPro Wrote: Do you know if there is a way to fix the flickering/tearing I mentioned?

jesalvein Wrote:No idea.

Ah okay. I have had this issue on my windowslaptop before, so I figured whatever would help with a windows would be able to help with the mac.
EDIT: also pressing esc freezes when in full screen.
is it safe to drag the new pcxs2 folder over the old one? Would that update and keep all my stuff?
Exclamation 
(09-27-2014, 12:00 AM)ChaosPro Wrote: is it safe to drag the new pcxs2 folder over the old one? Would that update and keep all my stuff?
You could right-click(ctrl + click) your old PCSX2 and have a rummage through files to find your memory cards and other settings. You could copy-paste them into the new PCSX2(again, ctrl + click the new PCSX2 and put them where they're supposed to be).

Hope this solved it.

EDIT: Are you using the pcsx2 from pcsx2.net's downloads or an older version of ConsoleEmu's pcsx2-CE?
Toying around with PCSX2 1.2.1, playing really well on my iMac with 8GB RAM, 4 cores, NVIDIA 512MB graphics card and about 800GB of hard drive space still left. Thanks a load for this, ConsoleEmu, because without pcsx2-CE I'd be stuck with stupid 0.9.7, which takes an eternity to set up and barely works. Here's a screenie of an epic jump(I recorded the jump for about 10 seconds, played it, then paused and took a picture). I used 4x scaling to make it look nice.

[Image: P2iPER7.jpg]

As you (might) see, I'm still not hitting the 50FPS mark, but 25-30 is still very much playable, and considering I'm using 4x native it's amazing. Loving the work so far, best of luck in the future ConsoleEmu!

EDIT: Hopefully I'll post some screenies of FIFA 14 and The Simpsons Game(2007, not Hit and Run which was 2003/2004), which I've both already dumped to my computer.