[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
(08-01-2015, 10:17 AM)MacUser Wrote: Ahh, so close. Just missing one extension. I guess we won't be seeing any of those juicy advances Gregory has been making any time soon. 

Yes, XQuartz is now installed. Located in the Utilities folder (though it uses the name X11, it's definitely XQuartz). 

I'm guessing either there's a bug in the El Capitain Beta (very likely), or Wineskin Winery needs to be updated.

Hmm, I guess XQuartz got renamed to X11.
and when I put XQuartz in Spotlight, it shows the X11 app...

Also, I'm not sure why gregory is using the 420 shader pack, but I'll go ask him later.

Sponsored links

The latest El Capitan Beta (5, I think) lets Wineskin at least get as far as a test run. After it stalls, I can now view the logs.

Quote:Wine cannot find the FreeType font library. To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org
Wine cannot find the FreeType font library. To enable Wine to
or equal to 2.0.5.
or equal to 2.0.5.
fixme:ole:RemUnknown_QueryInterface No interface for iid {00000019-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
err:wincodecsTonguengDecoder_CreateInstance Failed reading PNG because unable to find libpng15.15.dylib
err:menubuilder:convert_to_native_icon error 0x80004005 getting frame 0
err:wincodecsTonguengDecoder_CreateInstance Failed reading PNG because unable to find libpng15.15.dylib
or equal to 2.0.5.
fixme:systemWackoetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:dwmapiLaughwmEnableMMCSS (1) stub
fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x45bf678 0x0): stub
fixme:nls:GetUserPreferredUILanguages stub: 8 0x32f330 0x0 0x32f32c
fixme:nls:GetUserPreferredUILanguages stub: 8 0x32f330 0x0 0x32f32c
fixme:shellWackoHAutoComplete stub
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x0000005c at address 0x473047ff (thread 0009), starting debugger...
or equal to 2.0.5.
err:syslinkWackoYSLINK_SetFont Failed to create link font!

I can't see an option in Winetricks to install Freetype/Truetype fonts, so I'll try to install it into the OS instead and see how that fares.

The other error is relating to libpng15.15.dylib and PNG files. I remember seeing pull request #598 which said there were problems with PNG images and Wx3.0

Quote:
PNG loading (Debug build assertions, minor issue) - libpng included with wxWidgets has upgraded from 1.2 to 1.6, which is a lot stricter (the call stack when the assert is reached suggests iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile). Stripping/replacing the profiles from the PNGs would probably fix this issue, but I've left it alone since it's actually useful for debugging the main issue.

This could perhaps be related?
Ah, I see.

libpng15.15.dylib related to X11. For El Capitan the path has changed to HD-->opt-->X11-->lib-->libpng15.15.dylib

Wineskin/Wine is looking for it in the old place (not sure where that is, don't have a Yosemite install anymore).

Looks like Wineskin/Wine needs to be updated
Same goes for the Truetype issue.

Freetype is found at HD-->opt-->X11-->lib-->libfreetype.6.dylib

Wine just can't find it.
install_name_tool should do the trick, changing lib directory in the executable.
There was a post here by macbook:
"not working on my mac once i select boot cdvd it stops working... "
am I not seeing it?
(09-02-2015, 02:08 AM)uyjulian Wrote: There was a post here by macbook:
"not working on my mac once i select boot cdvd it stops working... "
am I not seeing it?

He has his own thread here : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-help--51602
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hi there, I was wondering if this works of Yosemite? All the tutorials I've found are a few years out of date and I'm not sure if it's compatible or not.
It should work fine in Yosemite/El Capitan...
I have a nebulous double issue that I'd sure appreciate some help with.

I had this working about as good as I think could be expected and it was even just good enough to tolerably play AC4 which was the reason I decided to get the emulator. I was pleased. But then my internal hard drive died and I replaced it and while I was at it, I decided to update my OS from Lion 10.7 to Yosemite 10.10.

This meant going through the process of installing and configuring PCSX2-CE over again. When I did this, I ran in to an issue during the wineskin configuration stage.

When I attempted to run the setup executable for the VCRUN2010 component that the instructions said we needed, it kept popping up saying it had encountered a serious issue and had to quit. I eventually just gave up and decided to see how far I could get not bothering with the install at all.

So I went ahead as if VCRUN2010 had worked and it didn't seem to have made any difference, except, now when I run Ace Combat 4, the frame rate and game speed once I get past the game menus and in to actual gameplay, have become intolerably slow. It's unplayable.

It's weird to me that this would happen because in the first place, as my hard drive was in its dying days, the whole computer was painfully slow and since replacing it with a new solid state model things have been remarkably faster for general system performance. While I didn't necessarily think that would improve performance of the emulator I hadn't expected such a dramatic decrease. Before I used to get 60fps in the most favourable game circumstances and around 15fps in the least favourable. Just on the edge of playable considering the situation was dynamic and I didn't always have to tolerate low speeds.

Is this related to VCRUN2010? Is there anything I can do? I've fiddled around with settings and speedhacks but nothing seems to improve the frame rate at all.