Testin' some betas.
pcsx2pg-vm-svn515.7z - works terrible.
pcsx2pg-vm-svn528.7z - is amazing, just needs a ps2 output window.
pcsx2pg-vm-svn563.7z - also a great upgrade from the playground version, although I can't get it to work as well on suikoden5 with the sound; but maybe I just needed to spend more time tweaking it. Probably better than the 528, def has the best speed hacks compared to anything else. Need to get some more games to test.

Sponsored links

UH.... there is no real reason to ever test an older beta. I only left them up in case there is some compatibility regression...

At any rate, the console window can be enabled from the menu... take a look at the menus XD
Well i was going to say that the new beta works great, my big problem is that when you push F2 the states go up by two.
Mur:
That happens when you select 2 different pad plugins for pad 1 and pad 2.
Thanks, ill fix that now
(01-08-2009, 01:06 PM)Krakatos Wrote: UH.... there is no real reason to ever test an older beta. I only left them up in case there is some compatibility regression...

At any rate, the console window can be enabled from the menu... take a look at the menus XD

Yes that would be the obvious answer! Wrote that message right before going to bed and didn't really look into it, plus i never really paid attention to that part of the menu. Thanx for the info though, def one of those things that's good to know.
You`ll find that certain betas in some cases work better with some games than others as well. Though on the overall whole what works in one should work in the others.
Old habits die hard - System Shock
First of all: Thank you very much Krakatos & PCSX2 Staff for this emulator (this is the first time i can really play PS2 games with full speed, or something like that)

In other side, it's only with me or the new beta (563) has worse speedhack results than the stable version? In matter of FPS, i mean.

For example: I can play Suikoden III (w. Playground stable version) with an average 130% FPS (i.e. +-80 FPS), but with the beta 563, it's only obtain an average 90% FPS (i.e. +-55 FPS). I left the speedhack options, advanced & CPU configuration and plugins in both versions identically (in factu, i know the beta version has more options). I have tested with other games, and other options concomitants, the results are something similar (same difference of "20% to 40%" de FPS in the both versions, when comparably).

I can't write english perfectly (not my mother language, so, maybe i sound a little rude, but it isn't my intent).

Thank you for your attention Smile
Older betas often work a lot better. For example, on 528 KH2 works decently enough (aside from gray screen and munny glitch). But on 553, there are many random problems, such as the no-sound-wait-for-crash or missing/garbled textures/text. 563 has all these problems, and random crashes much more. Most of the time things work the best on my old 383 build, and in some cases (like FFXII or Xenosaga) even better on 396X3. So, while there are many improvements in the new betas, they are in no way perfect and still very much works in progress. Although, I'm sure if the team keeps at it we'll have 120% perfect emulation in no time ;D
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
(01-10-2009, 04:44 AM)With Teeth Wrote: Older betas often work a lot better. For example, on 528 KH2 works decently enough (aside from gray screen and munny glitch). But on 553, there are many random problems, such as the no-sound-wait-for-crash or missing/garbled textures/text. 563 has all these problems, and random crashes much more. Most of the time things work the best on my old 383 build, and in some cases (like FFXII or Xenosaga) even better on 396X3. So, while there are many improvements in the new betas, they are in no way perfect and still very much works in progress. Although, I'm sure if the team keeps at it we'll have 120% perfect emulation in no time ;D

It's true Smile

I made that comment only to "alert" the drop of FPS with the new Beta, but you are right Smile. Thanks.