Text/colors issue
Hi all --

This is my first post so I hope it's in the right place... I just got PSCX2 and am trying to run Koei's Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX. I'm having the same problem that people apparently had with ROTK VIII, where the text is screwed up (too dark). Also, some of my in-game map colors are black.

These are the RTK VIII threads, my text menus look basically like there's do:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-5858.html...ingdoms%22

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3779.html...ingdoms%22

Is this the same problem, and still unresolved?

For reference, these are my laptop specs from the config file & elsewhere...

-Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3200 @ 1997 MhZ
-MMX, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3 compatable
-Nvidia GE Force 9600M GT
-Appx. 1266 MB total memory
-DirectX 11

Any suggestions as to the config file, settings, etc would be useful. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

Koei games are the whole reason I started using pcsx2. The best settings I've found so far for the graphics plug-in is GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SEE2) 0.1.14, with it's options set to ...
Resolution: Windowed
Renderer: Direct3D 10 (Hardware)
Shader: Pixel Shader 3.0
Interlacing: Blend bff (slight blur, 1/2fps)
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
D3D internal res: Native checked
Texture filtering, checked
Wait vsync, unchecked

RTK-VIII - The text isn't perfect, and there's a slight green glow to some parts of the screen, but frame rate is pretty good and the text is legible.

RTK-IX - Runs about as well as VIII, i.e. some text hard to read and some green glows in some areas, but otherwise playable.

RTK-X - Nearly perfect. (i.e. the sound is a bit choppy sometimes, but the graphics look good)

Dynasty Tactics 2 - Also nearly perfect.
Thanks to Rayman, i've solved the problem.

While Rayman uses Pcsx2 version 1.00, i used the latest version. Both works fine.

Most important is to use the Gsdx5334 GS. It works for me in SS2, 3 or 4.

I got the GS version Gsdx5334 from Rayman again.