Texture Filtering vs. Texture Filtering of Display?
I noticed there's a new option under Shader configuration that was enabled by default called 'Texture Filtering of Display', what exactly does this do vs. the regular Texture Filtering, and should I leave it enabled as it was by default, or turn it off?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)

Sponsored links

Maybe for 2D stuff like HUDs?
#StopRNG
It determines how the final image output is scaled to the screen or window size:

Checked - bilinear filtering (smooth, blurry if upscaling)
Unchecked - nearest-neighbour interpolation (pixelated, useful to preserve sharpness if upscaling fixed-resolution 2D graphics and/or for clean upscaling to exact multiples of the game resolution. Results in an aliased image if scaling down from higher resolutions, especially if the resolution being scaled down is not a multiple of the display/window resolution.)

1280x720 window size
1280x720: 1:1 unscaled
640x360: filtered | nearest
2560x1440: filtered | nearest
5x native (2560x2560): filtered | nearest

A potential future improvement could be to add different scaling algorithms like lanczos, which can produce nicer results on non-integer (and greater than 2x2) scales compared to bilinear (e.g. 5x native scaled down using lanczos3). Asmodean added extra scaling algorithms in the TV Shader drop-down box some time ago, but the PR was closed without merging.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo | Samsung S23A700D
(04-02-2017, 10:58 PM)Dreadmoth Wrote: It determines how the final image output is scaled to the screen or window size:

Checked - bilinear filtering (smooth, blurry if upscaling)
Unchecked - nearest-neighbour interpolation (pixelated, useful to preserve sharpness if upscaling fixed-resolution 2D graphics and/or for clean upscaling to exact multiples of the game resolution. Results in an aliased image if scaling down from higher resolutions, especially if the resolution being scaled down is not a multiple of the display/window resolution.)

1280x720 window size
1280x720: 1:1 unscaled
640x360: filtered | nearest
2560x1440: filtered | nearest
5x native (2560x2560): filtered | nearest

A potential future improvement could be to add different scaling algorithms like lanczos, which can produce nicer results on non-integer scales compared to bilinear (e.g. 5x native scaled down using lanczos3). Asmodean added extra scaling algorithms in the TV Shader drop-down box some time ago, but the PR was closed without merging.

Don't know why I didn't realize that lol
#StopRNG
Quote:It determines how the final image output is scaled to the screen or window size
+1, don't remember what we wrote in the tooltip (maybe I forgot to add one) Smile

It helps to reduce the blurring of 2D-pixelated game.