Texture Replacement not rendering correctly
Question 
Hello, first time forum poster. I've been trying to replace textures in GioGio's Bizarre Adventure to make Giorno more like his Anime counterpart. However, when I put the textures into the replacement folder, they either render black or are completely invisible. I'm not sure why it's going invisible or bugging out like this, is there a palette problem that I haven't known of?

I tried both normally opaque and half-transparent replacements with the textures, but it doesn't seem like it's made a difference. It definitely can't be the outlline overlay, because that still shows transparent when the textures are invisible. I don't even know how the textures are rendering invisible, let alone fully black. The names of the files are the same, I have checked that, and I obviously have the dumping and replacement enabled. I can't tell if this is because the game is getting quirky with the emulator and replacements, but it couldn't be me, because I tried the other renderers and those didn't work either.

Using PCSX2 Nightly v1.7.5697, with a Intel® Core™ i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz Processor, 16 GB RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 driver.

Sponsored links

So, now I just figured out the textures are freaking out by themselves. I don't know if I'm making them invisible wrong, but when I save the body textures at a certain opacity in GIMP, they are exported as opaque or just straight up not there, but the face textures were perfectly fine...what is going on?
you need to make sure you retain the original alpha levels, which are different to PC ones. There is a script to scale them up and down which you can find here: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/mast..._scaler.py
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-15-2024, 11:42 PM)refraction Wrote: you need to make sure you retain the original alpha levels, which are different to PC ones. There is a script to scale them up and down which you can find here: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/mast..._scaler.py

Uhhh, how do I use this script? It's just code- like where do I plop it in to use it?
(04-16-2024, 05:18 AM)Robert The Fox Wrote: Uhhh, how do I use this script? It's just code- like where do I plop it in to use it?

You have to install Python 3 to use the script.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
(04-16-2024, 05:52 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: You have to install Python 3 to use the script.
That doesn't tell me how to insert this code to make it work--all I have is the python console and this bunch of code..
(04-17-2024, 12:24 AM)Robert The Fox Wrote: That doesn't tell me how to insert this code to make it work--all I have is the python console and this bunch of code..

It's a command line tool, so you have to use command prompt either from the Python itself or the usual one.
Run the tool (either with python texture_dump_alpha_scaler.py or just texture_dump_alpha_scaler.py ) without any parameter and it will show you how to use them.
Of course this assume you have some knowledge about command prompt before.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]