Texture filtering, returning to native-like texture resolution while recording
Heys guys,

I've noticed that whenever I want to record my gameplay with the use of Fraps or Bandicam the emulator immediately drops every bit of filtering. So 3x texture resolution returns to native-like ones and every form of AF is just removed.

I haven't found any solution to this so I was hoping if you guys could help me out..

I'm using the 1.0.0. version. And the r5350 build. Smile

Sponsored links

PCSX2 has an internal video recorder that is activated by F12.
It's all in the "Hacks subsection" in the config guide.
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
Worth noting that Fraps and GSDX software mode is bound onto the same key (F9) so you will want to check if that is the problem.
What Ge-Force said is apparently your problem Wink Also that is not texture filtering, that is a higher internal resolution, so the game is rendered at a higher resolution making it look sharper and clearer
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Oh christ, if I'd known that.. That's the problem alright, the F9 is also bound for 'Record' option in Fraps. Well, that explains a lot.

I've tried using the internal recorder but I can't seem to get it to work properly; since I, for the life of me, can't find a proper codec for it. With one I got a .wav recording only, the other gives me a black/white off-center recording.. and so fort.

But, still: Thanks for clearing it out for me! Smile
Same here. I just thought I would mention it...
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
Here's a great free codec for the internal recorder: http://sourceforge.net/projects/x264vfw/
I seem to have problems with it too. I don't seem to be able to record footage at 1920x1080p @60fps whatever codec I use. The game gets recorded at a faulse framerate. It's really confusing because it doesn't feel like it's a PCSX2 fault nor my PC's fault. Like the encoder fails to sync with PCSX2's framerate, like it encodes all frames but save s the stream instead of 60fps in 25fps so it shows the video at slower framerate and feels like a slowmotion. And no this is not the common effect of a PC being too weak to decode realtime the video, I checked the info of the files created and it says wrong framerates varying from 24-30fps.
Working fine here at 1920x1080. My settings: