Textures Bug in FFX (a special one)
Hi there.

I tried few sites and forums with help for PCSX2, and except informations about a typical graphical bug on FFX, I didn't find any[Image: pcsx22010072523065576.jpg] subject about my problem. So I post it here, sorry if it's allready done, I did a research and didn't find anything.

So, my problem is a texture bug, a bit special in FFX (didn't try any other game to compare or confirm). First it was a general texture bug, that I resolved with a plugin setting.

Since there is sometimes (not everytime, but often enough) some SQUARE texture bug. It appears and disappears randomly. And it's a bit anoying, because it make the game experience less imersive.

Here are few pictures to illustrate the bug :

http://img707.imageshack.us/i/pcsx220100...75359.jpg/
http://img829.imageshack.us/i/pcsx220100...10565.jpg/
http://img535.imageshack.us/i/pcsx220100...42421.jpg/
http://img408.imageshack.us/i/pcsx220100...65576.jpg/

Usually when I start the game, everything is fine. Then, when I goes to the menu or press "esc" thos glitches come on each screen.

My graphic plugin is GSDX9, I putted the NLOOP hack, no interlacing, pixel shader 2 or 3 doesn't change anything (my graphic card accept both) and I didn't install any special plugin or patche.

I'm the only one with that strange bug ? I tryed all keywords on google, and nobody seems to have those strange squares problems Wacko

I hope some one will be able to help me, because FFX is my favorite game and It's a bit sad to play with that bug :/

Thks for any help.

Sponsored links

You are probably using an ancient version of PCSX2, get 0.9.7 beta from our site and try again. You didn't post any PCSX2/plugin version info or configurations so not much help we can give this way
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-26-2010, 05:35 PM)SEXTOY Wrote: My graphic plugin is GSDX9, I putted the NLOOP hack, no interlacing, pixel shader 2 or 3 doesn't change anything (my graphic card accept both) and I didn't install any special plugin or patche.

May be you should read completely before answer ? And by the way, I use the last version of PCSX2. Who would post that kind of topic, with explicit developpement without checking if he got the last version of the soft ? May be you, but not me.
(07-26-2010, 08:04 PM)SEXTOY Wrote:
(07-26-2010, 05:35 PM)SEXTOY Wrote: My graphic plugin is GSDX9, I putted the NLOOP hack, no interlacing, pixel shader 2 or 3 doesn't change anything (my graphic card accept both) and I didn't install any special plugin or patche.

May be you should read completely before answer ? And by the way, I use the last version of PCSX2. Who would post that kind of topic, with explicit developpement without checking if he got the last version of the soft ? May be you, but not me.
maybe you need to rethink that statement quickly. the NLOOP hack is NOT in the newest GSdx, and hasn't been for a while. Your GSdx is ancient.

Also, show respect to those that try to help you. and especially an admin

the NEW gsdx    
(07-26-2010, 08:16 PM)Saiki Wrote:
(07-26-2010, 08:04 PM)SEXTOY Wrote:

maybe you need to rethink that statement quickly. the NLOOP hack is NOT in the newest GSdx, and hasn't been for a while. Your GSdx is ancient.

Also, show respect to those that try to help you. and especially an admin
He didn't talk about graphic plugin version, but about the software version. And I have much difficult to get respect on people who talk to me like I was retarded, sry. Ok, I admit, I'm bit paranoïd.

Thks about GSDx tip, I'll try that and give feedback.
(07-26-2010, 08:30 PM)SEXTOY Wrote: He didn't talk about graphic plugin version, but about the software version. And I have much difficult to get respect on people who talk to me like I was retarded, sry. Ok, I admit, I'm bit paranoïd.

Thks about GSDx tip, I'll try that and give feedback.

ok so what about your pcsx2 version? what version are you using?

and as bositman said you didnt post any info on your settings/plugins

also its common if you use old plugins that you have old pcsx2 version (something you probably do)

Quote:And I have much difficult to get respect on people who talk to me like I was retarded, sry. Ok, I admit, I'm bit paranoïd.

last learn to 1) behave better 2) dont give false accusations and being paranoid (as you said) doesnt help you in that...
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(07-26-2010, 08:30 PM)SEXTOY Wrote: He didn't talk about graphic plugin version, but about the software version. And I have much difficult to get respect on people who talk to me like I was retarded, sry. Ok, I admit, I'm bit paranoïd.

If you had the latest version of pcsx2, you would have the latest gsdx, as it came with it, so i don't believe you are using the latest version of pcsx2.

so bositman told you to use the latest one as the likelyhood is you are using some old version and you get cocky, not really the way to talk on the forum is it? You could have at least just replied saying "im using 0.9.7, but ill try updating my gsdx if i can" or something. People are trying to help you, getting snotty isnt going to encourage people to do so.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]