Textures Dump features
Hi there!
I was wondering - will PCSX2 get Texture Dump/Load features at some point, like Dolphin has?

Sponsored links

As much as i too would love this feature, any time it's brought up i believe it boils down to, No-one knows how to implement it, Dev's could chime in, but it MAY be possible to port the code from Dolphin to PCSX2, but you'd still have to find where the texture is loaded into memory, capture it (for dumping) and replace it (for loading) which i think it is honestly the main issue..

I too would love this feature. can't replace real textures to save my life, But I'm not bad at making GUI elements (which is the entire reason i want it)
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
It sure does sound complicated. You have this nice game going on and behind it there's a myriad of things happening to ensure everything works as it should. And one of these things is the texture thing.
(02-05-2015, 04:03 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: As much as i too would love this feature, any time it's brought up i believe it boils down to, No-one knows how to implement it, Dev's could chime in, but it MAY be possible to port the code from Dolphin to PCSX2, but you'd still have to find where the texture is loaded into memory, capture it (for dumping) and replace it (for loading) which i think it is honestly the main issue..

I too would love this feature. can't replace real textures to save my life, But I'm not bad at making GUI elements (which is the entire reason i want it)

I'm just guessing, but because of the design of the graphics synthesizer it could be a lot more difficult to do this with pcsx2.
If you are simply wanting to dump the textures, then texmod works, but I don't think its loading features worked for Pcsx2, but it's been a while since I played with it.
The last time I tried(could've been the first too) I couldn't dump nor load a texture. Maybe I messed up something or it just can't happen yet. I might give it another go, actually.

Edit:
So, Texmod can detect and dump textures BUT:
1/ the colors are messed up-different. Blue, purple-ish, brown, cyan etc. I remembered I saw this the last time I tried to dump textures.
2/ They're not correctly loaded into the game.
See this screenshot.
I also colored Sasuke's headband with the skin color, just to see if it'll work. It didn't.
And Texmod works only with the Direct3D9Renderer which is somewhat obvious, I guess.