"The GS plugin failed to open/initialize."
I couldn't find a troubleshooting section on these forums, so I thought it would be ok to post here. If it's in the wrong place, please move it. Also, I'm sorry if this thread was made before and the answer has already been solved. If that's the case, someone can post the link to the answer and a mod may close the thread.

I'm a little new to this thing and just recently downloaded it. I read through the readmes and I'm pretty sure I configured everything correctly. I dummped my bios from my PS2 and everything seems set up. So I go get my Kingdom Hearts CD and put it in, but when I play it, I get this message:

[Image: pcsx2fail.jpg]

I don't know why it says rom2 and erom not found. I don't even know what those are. I'm pretty sure I did everything right. I don't know why it's doing this. So hopefully someone on here knows what do to. Big thanks to anyone who helps. ^^

Sponsored links

What is your graphics card? pcsx2 and plugin settings?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Graphics card: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

PCSX2 version: 0.9.6

Plugin Settings:
[Image: pcsx2config.jpg]
That is only the plugins you use, how about the settings of both pcsx2 and the graphic plugin for example? did you try with the ZeroGS plugin?

Try updating your DirectX and with the latest beta:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?prd=1123...lcid=0x409
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
*facepalm* I hade the Renderer set to Direct3D10, but when I changed it to Direct3D9, it worked. The only problem is that the game runs horribly slow. I'm just at the title screen and it's running at 20 fps. Does this mean my computer isn't fast enough to handle it?
What game? Most games will be slow in that machine.

With that graphics card you should check the "native" option in GSdx always, and actually using the (software) renderer could be faster I think.
Why not try with the latest beta as well? Instead of the 0.9.6 version.

You can get it here Smile
http://pcsx2.net/files/21377
I tried native and it's still extremely slow.

I'm trying to try the beta Pillus gave me, but it says I need an ISO or something for the CD drive. I don't want to play an iso, I want to play my own disk. Does anyone know what I have to do here?

EDIT: Oh hehe nvm I just picked the other plugin. But still, it only takes me to the main PS2 screen. It won't start the game for some reason.
(12-19-2009, 06:52 PM)axel006 Wrote: I tried native and it's still extremely slow.

I'm trying to try the beta Pillus gave me, but it says I need an ISO or something for the CD drive. I don't want to play an iso, I want to play my own disk. Does anyone know what I have to do here?

EDIT: Oh hehe nvm I just picked the other plugin. But still, it only takes me to the main PS2 screen. It won't start the game for some reason.

Are you using 'Run CD/DVD' to start it? And you're sure the plugin is pointing at the right drive?

It's going to be slow, that graphics card is no where near the recommended specs.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(12-19-2009, 07:11 PM)echosierra Wrote: Are you using 'Run CD/DVD' to start it? And you're sure the plugin is pointing at the right drive?

It's going to be slow, that graphics card is no where near the recommended specs.

Yes I'm using Run CD/DVD. I just decided to get the plugin from the old PCSX2 and use that. It seems to work. The title screen runs fine when I have native on and 8-bit off, but when I play the intro movie, it's fairly choppy.

My dad is deciding on getting a new processor which is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz. Would that make the game run smoothly then?