The Higher we are the farther we fall
(12-20-2011, 12:48 AM)CoyoteWAN Wrote: So I took another look over everything and it still bothers me that Bositman says GSdx actually gave everyone better fps than the old days so what happened to me. The only thing I can think of is he also states I failed to understand the difference between INTERNAL RESOLUTION and window resolution. You know what for once the way you guys use it your completely right because I am trying to relate it from the way I knew in 0.9.6 or I should say GSdx 0.1.14 to what you have now before I thought Internal Res was just that box you simple checked off as Native, and Window Resolution was 1920 x 1200 my monitor size. Fullscreen. Maybe some can enlighten me on what memo I missed.

Okay! So, here is the config in "Emulation Settings" inside of "GS Window"

That is how you set it up to display at 1280x960 in windowed mode, If you don't want that, you check Fullscreen, LEAVE vSync off. (could be the cause of the issue.)

Next up! the GSDX settings, You want "use Original PS2 Resolution" checked.

Leave everything else alone (even though it's dx11, it's still the same for the DX9)

Post back with results.

Now, as for the revisions improving speed. Same CPU, Same speed, I went from unplayable Rogue Galaxy (unplayable to me, it was about 45FPS field, 30ish in battles) to 60FPS at all times, I'm thinking thats a speed up.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64

Sponsored links

I know no one looks at the first settings I said I have but maybe before saying uncheck this here make sure I have this checked there. One should notice that I already had all that. I did exactly what has been said before even asking the question on the forum as per my wonderful images on post four here check again this is my exact setup if you see a flaw by all means do tell.

It is unfortunate how using the old GSdx with 0.9.8 doesn't register the "Esc" button, but there's always the main PCSX2 window and the "Pause/Resume" option under the System drop-down. Wink

Your GPU situation seems iffy, and the SLI setup isn't simplifying things. Have you considered removing your 2nd GPU to see what happens? (If not to keep that way, at least for testing purposes.)

Have you tried changing the recompiler to superVU (legacy)? This may help make up for some lost speed. The settings are located in the Emulation Settings, under the VUs tab.
(12-20-2011, 06:29 PM)CoyoteWAN Wrote: I know no one looks at the first settings I said I have but maybe before saying uncheck this here make sure I have this checked there. One should notice that I already had all that. I did exactly what has been said before even asking the question on the forum as per my wonderful images on post four here check again this is my exact setup if you see a flaw by all means do tell.

Alright, well in your Window sizes that is the size of the window being displayed, Not the internal resolution (correct me if i'm wrong) increasing that value will not cause issues.

So, we've covered Drivers, and configuration. I had a similar issue forever ago, and how i fixed it was i completely deleted my PCSX2 folder, and then downloaded it again. Have you tried that yet?

(12-20-2011, 07:05 PM)Rezard Wrote: It is unfortunate how using the old GSdx with 0.9.8 doesn't register the "Esc" button, but there's always the main PCSX2 window and the "Pause/Resume" option under the System drop-down. Wink

Your GPU situation seems iffy, and the SLI setup isn't simplifying things. Have you considered removing your 2nd GPU to see what happens? (If not to keep that way, at least for testing purposes.)

Have you tried changing the recompiler to superVU (legacy)? This may help make up for some lost speed. The settings are located in the Emulation Settings, under the VUs tab.

His card is a dual card, Like a x90 series of cards by nVidia. Can't remove one.

Also, i must be magical or something, i never have an issue with the esc key when pausing. i am using SVN builds though (currently r4980)
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
I got ya. My bad for kinda skimming through the thread. I see SLI and automatically think 2 cards, but it's a single X2 card.

The thing about the "Esc" button is very real. It exists when you use the old GSdx 0.1.14 with the 0.9.8 release. Using Pause/Resume still works fine, though.