The Matrix Path of Neo (Graphic Issues)
Hey there! I recently started playing The Matrix Path of Neo as I used to love the game. It is highly playable. However, there seems to be a problem with some of the graphics for the game.

First issue i had was that the whole game was blurry. I managed to sort this out using the HW Hacks, changing the skipdraw to 7. Anything lower doesnt work and anything higher makes the menus disappear. The problem at the moment is that the majority of the graphics are blue (the amount changes in each section of the game). Without the skipdraw on, the blue becomes white. The blue seems to be a colour overlay of some kind as you can still see the textures behind it (partly transparent). Without the skipdraw you cannot see through the white.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Oh, and if you need screenshots then please let me know

Sponsored links

(03-04-2014, 10:54 PM)theCreedIsBack Wrote: Hey there! I recently started playing The Matrix Path of Neo as I used to love the game. It is highly playable. However, there seems to be a problem with some of the graphics for the game.

First issue i had was that the whole game was blurry. I managed to sort this out using the HW Hacks, changing the skipdraw to 7. Anything lower doesnt work and anything higher makes the menus disappear. The problem at the moment is that the majority of the graphics are blue (the amount changes in each section of the game). Without the skipdraw on, the blue becomes white. The blue seems to be a colour overlay of some kind as you can still see the textures behind it (partly transparent). Without the skipdraw you cannot see through the white.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Oh, and if you need screenshots then please let me know

Have you tried software mode (F9)?
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(03-04-2014, 10:56 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: Have you tried software mode (F9)?

Yeah i tried that, it makes the quality pretty bad. It does solve the problem though. I havent messed around too much with the options in software mode. Is there a way to generate better quality in software mode?
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-04-2014, 10:57 PM)theCreedIsBack Wrote: Yeah i tried that, it makes the quality pretty bad. It does solve the problem though. I havent messed around too much with the options in software mode. Is there a way to generate better quality in software mode?

Not really, besides a little AA.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(03-04-2014, 10:58 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Ok sorry, new to the forum i guess.

I have a laptop:

i7 4800MQ @ 2.7ghz
NVIDA GTX 770M - 3gb
8gb Memory
Windows 8.1

Im using the standard PCSX2 1.2.1
-- The non-default settings are...
----FX Shader On
----Texture Filtering Fully On
----3x Native
----Allow 8 Bit Textures
----HW Hacks: Skipdraw = 7 and Alpha Hack On

Thats pretty much it. The only game I am having issues with is The Matrix Path of Neo. I have played many other games with no issues such as FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, Suikoden IV, Suikoden V.

So yeah any other help would be great!
could be a side effect of upscaling.
tried native res / software mode ?

Edit : sorry. looks like you tried software mode.
What about native res ?
(03-04-2014, 11:10 PM)jesalvein Wrote: could be a side effect of upscaling.
tried native res / software mode ?

Edit : sorry. looks like you tried software mode.
What about native res ?

Yeah I have tried native res and that still doesnt fix things. I would use software mode if i could get the quality better and if I could up the frameframe. Seems to drop to 40 in software mode.
(03-04-2014, 11:14 PM)theCreedIsBack Wrote: Yeah I have tried native res and that still doesnt fix things. I would use software mode if i could get the quality better and if I could up the frameframe. Seems to drop to 40 in software mode.

when in software mode, edge antialiasing could help to get a better quality.
set extra rendering threads to 3 too.
don't expect miracles though. 2.7 ghz may be a bit weak to run this game in software mode.
(03-04-2014, 11:21 PM)jesalvein Wrote: when in software mode, edge antialiasing could help to get a better quality.
set extra rendering threads to 3 too.
don't expect miracles though. 2.7 ghz may be a bit weak to run this game in software mode.

Ok thanks for you help, I guess i will have to put up with it for now...