The PCSX2 team's statement regarding the "DamonPS2" emulator
I'm probably wrong and off topic but,
I've read some time ago that the author of mednafen wich is open-source (correct me if I'm wrong) only delivers his source "on demand" and publicly hides his code.

When I see retroarch authors angry with all those emu boxes and your situation with Damonps2 thieves, the mednafen's author position is probably the best strategy.

Sponsored links

Noob question: is there a possibility of copy the code of that Damon and create a PCSX2 for android as revenge? In my mind they can't blame PCSX2 team for it because you can't steal whats is yours.

Noob question²:Can I find a good PS2emulator for android here? I wanted to try it on my android cause on PC the Kingdom Hearts bugs on "Must save gorilas" and never let me pass that part. I heard that a guy craked that Damon and uploaded it but i only find bad apks with licence problems. I wanted to use the original but I hate to pay before test something, so I looked for a cracked version and then read all that problem about code stealing and stuff.
(09-17-2018, 08:14 AM)VósMicê Wrote: Noob question: is there a possibility of copy the code of that Damon and create a PCSX2 for android as revenge? In my mind they can't blame PCSX2 team for it because you can't steal whats is yours.
Revenge is time consuming, and it's not worth it anyways.
Moreover, DamonPS2 is closed source and they encrypted it to make sure the modified source code can't be revealed.
Quote:Noob question²:Can I find a good PS2emulator for android here?
Pcsx2 is for PCs, so no.
Quote:I wanted to try it on my android cause on PC the Kingdom Hearts bugs on "Must save gorilas" and never let me pass that part.
We could provide you support about this. Kingdom hearts has been known to run flawlessly on pcsx2 for ages. just make a support thread so that we could help you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
As i can see Damon is still alive. Did PCSX2 team made any move to close em ?
As said above

Quote:Revenge is time consuming, and it's not worth it anyways
(10-13-2018, 05:57 PM)jesalvein Wrote: As said above

I just entered site and noticed the original post and the stuff with DMCA so i thought that cuz of this Damon got closed. Seems like not, huh.
Apparently not, just as you said
Is the project even alive at this point? Gregory seems to be the only guy from the team who shows activity. At least make a statement that the project is closed or frozen. I remember talks about creating a new version of GSDX like 7 years ago...a lot of games still miss post-processing effects and don't even get me started on multi-threading support: there's none. 2 threads tops? What is this? 2007? 95% playable games? Sure, but almost none of those run near perfect. It sure is a hard task, but seeing how Dolphin, CEMU and RPCS3 make leaps in performance and accuracy it induces sadness in me that latest update of PCSX2 happened more than 2 years ago.

And the website is more dead than Egyptian pharaohs at this point. What happened to once best emulator out there? It's just sad to not see any news/posts AT ALL =(
(10-26-2018, 11:26 AM)JaCk_Boston Wrote: Is the project even alive at this point? Gregory seems to be the only guy from the team who shows activity. At least make a statement that the project is closed or frozen. I remember talks about creating a new version of GSDX like 7 years ago...a lot of games still miss post-processing effects and don't even get me started on multi-threading support: there's none. 2 threads tops? What is this? 2007? 95% playable games? Sure, but almost none of those run near perfect. It sure is a hard task, but seeing how Dolphin, CEMU and RPCS3 make leaps in performance and accuracy it induces sadness in me that latest update of PCSX2 happened more than 2 years ago.

And the website is more dead than Egyptian pharaohs at this point. What happened to once best emulator out there? It's just sad to not see any news/posts AT ALL   =(

To be honest apart from
- new features in gsdx,
- new dev builds
- improvements in many games during last 2 years

then yes, the project is dead.

Sorry for you.

just one thing, though : do Dolphin, CEMU and RPCS3 emulate PS2 ?
I don't remember this...
Seems like you don't know what you're talking about? Gregory hasn't committed anything for the past year or so. PCSX2 has been able to use 3 threads with the MTVU speed hack for over 3 years, and more than 3 cores with GSdx software render threads. I won't go into the 'why are the other emulators better/faster/greater' but maybe check how much money the developers of those emulators make first. Maybe you should check the github activity and get your facts straight Smile

Also if it saddens you so that development is slow, you are more than welcome to either help or stop whining Smile
[Image: newsig.jpg]