The Playstation 3 firmware contains the PS2 BIOS... kinda
I recently learned that the PS3 firmware that Sony puts on their website for anyone to download contains a stripped-down version of the PS2 BIOS that works with PCSX2, but only when using Fast Boot.  Could PCSX2 use this in the future maybe?  It would be a good alternative to dumping from a real console.  It's part of a download that Sony themselves have put on the internet for public access, so Forum Rule #1 doesn't apply to this.

Edit: Just tried this myself, crashes in fast boot as well. Ignore this post, my mistake.

Sponsored links

We don't support the use of the PS2 BIOS in the PS3 firmware since extracting it requires you to break the Sony TOS.

If you're interested, it's this section

Quote:2. RESTRICTIONS
You may not lease, rent, sublicense, publish, modify, adapt, or translate any portion of the System Software. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the System Software, or create any derivative works, or otherwise attempt to create System Software source code from its object code. You may not (i) use any unauthorized, illegal, counterfeit, or modified hardware or software in connection with the System Software, including use of tools to bypass, disable, or circumvent any encryption, security, or authentication mechanism for the PS3™ system;

I've bolded the parts that get violated.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]