"The Selected GS Plugin failed to load"
Computer Specs.: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
AMD Atlon™ 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
2GB RAM

When i choose sse2, sse3 or sse4, this problem shows up. I've already updated my DX with the provided directx setup in the pcsx2 setup. I cannot play games without these right?

Sponsored links

Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMDs latest FX CPU series ONLY support the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one, except in the case of an FX processor where you should use SSE4.1.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Make sure you are using directx 9 on that card too
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-20-2012, 10:39 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMDs latest FX CPU series ONLY support the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one, except in the case of an FX processor where you should use SSE4.1.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.

Ah, sorry about the wrong term. Ohmy

You mean SSE2 is the recommended for my CPU? I've tried to chose this as my plugin but it said to update my DX Libraries but I've already updated it. How can I choose this plugin?

[Image: tumblr_m7qcpbq30d1qc17wio1_500_large.gif]
(12-20-2012, 02:42 PM)soraroxas213 Wrote: Ah, sorry about the wrong term. Ohmy

You mean SSE2 is the recommended for my CPU? I've tried to chose this as my plugin but it said to update my DX Libraries but I've already updated it. How can I choose this plugin?

[Image: tumblr_m7qcpbq30d1qc17wio1_500_large.gif]

Yes, the Athlon can use only SSE2 (not much of loss), but you "must" update your directX runtime. Don't believe to have the last one if all you did was have it updated by games (they were all developed using the latest DX at their start).

So, follow the link at the installation, it will point you to Microsoft sites with the real last version... besides, you'll need directX 9.0c updated as well, it's not enough to have directX 10 only.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(12-20-2012, 02:52 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Yes, the Athlon can use only SSE2 (not much of loss), but you "must" update your directX runtime. Don't believe to have the last one if all you did was have it updated by games (they were all developed using the latest DX at their start).

So, follow the link at the installation, it will point you to Microsoft sites with the real last version... besides, you'll need directX 9.0c updated as well, it's not enough to have directX 10 only.

Thanks. This is the answer to my PCSX2 Problem. Biggrin

[Image: tumblr_m5kq68Yk7v1qm12c7o2_500.gif]