The Sims 2 : Castaway - Please Help!
My PS3 that was backwards compatible broke, so a friend of mine suggested this Emulator and I have it installed and working but am having a problem with some of the graphics in this game.  I attached a screenshot of where there should be a list of options for what you can select to do with the object you are activating, but nothing appears unless I switch to Software Rendering but FPS drop in half to 30fps and the game is very sluggish.

[Image: sims2castaway.jpg]

I would think my system would be able to run this game well, but perhaps not.  I am using Native Mode with DX11 Hardware Rendering.  System Specs are below.  I made an ISO from my original disc and am loading the ISO to play.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

PCSX2 v 1.2.1 with GSdz 5875 (MSVC 18.00, SSE41) 0.1.16 [gsdc32sse4-r5875]
Intel Core i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz
10.0 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 460 w/ 1.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultra 64-bit

Sponsored links

your best bet would be to try the Opengl (hardware mode) on the latest development builds : http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html

make sure to also try out the different accurate blending modes and other OpenGl exclusive options Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Did you extract the bios from your PS3?
(11-21-2015, 10:29 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Did you extract the bios from your PS3?

1. I don't think that has anything to do with this problem.
2. PS3?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(11-21-2015, 01:31 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: 1. I don't think that has anything to do with this problem.
2. PS3?
Unless he extracted a bios from somewhere he can't use PCSX2, and he only mentioned a PS3.
(11-21-2015, 03:43 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Unless he extracted a bios from somewhere he can't use PCSX2, and he only mentioned a PS3.

You're getting into Rule #2 territory
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Flatout:

It's not necessary for the original poster to prove that he dumped the bios from his console to get support on the forums. questions regarding the possession of consoles and such might fall into Witch hunting which is prohibited over here. Unless the poster explicitly mentions that he has involved in piracy (or) shows obvious signs of such stuffs, only the moderating staffs are meant to take care of it.

We are bug squad ! let's leave this to moderators Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
BIOS is fine. I can play other games using my DVD drive in my computer or other ISOs that I have made from the original discs that I purchased. :-)

Thanks for the helpful tips. I downloaded the latest build and will give OpenGL a shot. Will post back when I have some time to test this out.

Thanks again for the response.