The Sims 2 : Castaway (r4952)
Hi.
I'm new in these forums and in PCSX2.
I'm making this because the ISO from the Sims 2 : Castaway seems to have a problem and doesn't show text and some images. (e.g being near to a coconut palm show you 2 blank options) I know the solution (just because I read it) and it's pressing F9 , wich actually fix the problem but drop me from 60 fps to 20-25.
A guy give a solution 4 years ago about this , the fix was configurating GSDx and select DirectX10 and set ''sw rendering threats to 3''. This fix is very outdated , so I can't fix this problem.
So I'm wondering if someone can bring me a newer solution to this , and I really want to play this!
Thanks

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
That's an extremely old version of PCSX2, please get a newer one from the website.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-24-2015, 10:54 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Oh , of course , sorry.
1) I'm trying to play Sims 2 : Castaway as an .iso
2) Yes , they are: Extra rendering threats , Anisotropic Filtering , Allow 8-bit Textures , Texture Filtering , FX Shader and custom resolution.
3) PCSX2 1.2.1
4)
CPU : AMD Athlon X2 240 2,8 Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD Series 7950 Boost Edition
RAM: 6 GB
Yes , I know I have hugue bottlekneck and it's a very bad PC , but I'm saving to buy a new one.
hm.
not much you can do with that cpu. Software mode is the only way to fix it. but setting rendering threads to 3 will have little to no effect on gameplay with this cpu you're using.
Keep playing on your PS2 for now
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-24-2015, 11:34 PM)jesalvein Wrote: hm.
not much you can do with that cpu. Software mode is the only way to fix it. but setting rendering threads to 3 will have little to no effect on gameplay with this cpu you're using.
Keep playing on your PS2 for now

Really? Wow , sad. But if I put the game on windows mode and lower the resolution?
I'm wondering why does this happen?
Thanks
Emulation is extremly cpu-hungry. And your cpu is more on the weaker side considering raw power. Using window mode or reduced resolution shouldn't do anything.