The Sims freezing issue?
Hey guys, I’m new to this and I just seem to be having issues. I’m trying to play the sims PS2 but I can’t even get pass the start up screen. I choose get a life and start typing my name and the screen freezes, like the audio is still playing but I lose control. I first thought it was my controller so I changed some controller settings but at one point I was able to get to start designing my character. It would freeze when I started to change my size on my character. My computer shouldn’t have any issues with the game. I have a AMD 5900x, x570 motherboard, Gskill 32GB 3600mhz ram, Aio cooler, and an RTX 3080. Maybe it’s the iso file. If anyone has any idea what is going on please let me know. Thank you! Smile

Sponsored links

Which version of pcsx2 are you using? Try using the latest dev version.
(03-14-2021, 08:09 PM)prafull Wrote: Which version of pcsx2 are you using? Try using the latest dev version.

I’m using 1.6.0 isn’t this the latest version?
https://pcsx2.net/download/development/dev-windows.html
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-14-2021, 08:21 PM)jesalvein Wrote: https://pcsx2.net/download/development/dev-windows.html

What is that website? Also I pulled up the error code, it says “interrupt bit is set!!!” Which I don’t understand. I burn the iso from a CD.
That's pcsx2's official website. The page I linked you is the one where Dev vuilds are located
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
In the past the sims needed skip mpeg, but now with the correct language + other improvements it should work fine on devbuilds like the others stated. (ex. sims bustin out, others probably affected in the same way)
(03-15-2021, 12:33 AM)RedDevilus Wrote: In the past the sims needed skip mpeg, but now with the correct language + other improvements it should work fine on devbuilds like the others stated. (ex. sims bustin out, others probably affected in the same way)

Thank you guys! I didn’t know that this would work!!! I’m not going to lie I was really confused and didn’t understand that I could install the dev version of pscx2. 

Overall to anyone who is reading this in the future, what you have to do is install version 1.7 or whatever it will be in the future. If you are reading this and it is still version 1.6 remove it and install the dev version of 1.7 and the game should run really well. I do have higher end hardware so performance may be different on your pc but it seems to be running very well. Thank you to the 2 gents for helping and explaining things well. Sorry for my monkey brain for not understanding. Have a nice day! Smile
Technically, you don't install anything Tongue , it's portable, you can have multitudes of separate 1.7 builds (in separate folders) but only one stable with normal mode, anyway good day.
(03-14-2021, 08:21 PM)jesalvein Wrote: https://pcsx2.net/download/development/dev-windows.html

HEY! I'm new when it comes to emulators... How do I "install" the contents from that link??? Thanks !

UPDATE: I figured it out ! <3 Thx <3