The Super Dimension Fortress Macross
So I'm currently playing said game, The Super Dimension Fortress Macross. Had a hell of a time making actually work on the emulator, friend of mine set it up. Anyway, my question is; is there a way to fix frame rate loss. (especially in times of high combat/lots of particle effects/lots of things on screen) It's extremely annoying when you're in the middle of combat and peeeooopleee ssttaarrtt taaalkkinnggg liiiikeeee thiiisssss and stuff. I'm currently running an AMD x2 (dual core) at about 2900 MHZ, 4 gigs of ram, with an 8800 GTX nvidia graphics card. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored links

Other than using the latest released beta,latest GSdx and some speed hacks not much. Your processor is weak for PCSX2 usage and will be the limiting factor in your speeds.
Moved to general discussion too.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I see. Lol, still kinda new to this stuff, so not sure on the beta or the GSdx. So basically it's my processor huh? Hm, damn. What's like, an optimum or decent processor to have for this emulator to work and full speed? Also, when i first started to play this game, i had some funky error and turned to a friend of mine who uses this program more than i do. he said something about the newer version not supporting..something in the game, and he did something where i have to load state every time before the game boots up. anyone know what that error might be? or maybe someone has had a similar problem?
Funky error doesn't describe it that well so can't help with that Tongue
For PCSX2, basically the fastest Core 2 Duo/Core 2 Quad you can get your hands on. PCSX2 needs raw Mhz power and the extra 2 cores of the quad will not be used yet so atm the best deal would be the fastest Core 2 duo you can get. If you get one clocked at around 3,2-3,6 ghz you should be good to go for most games. Your 8800GTX is more than enough for everything Wink
lol true..well to be specific, this is what's in the log in red. i'm guessing that is the error (EE) Tlb Miss, addr=0xb4 [load]
(EE) PC: 0x00302310 Cycle: 0x6c5e66b9 I dont know what any of that means, so lol. Now that's what happens when i try "run CD/DVD" My friend also said to try doing Run -> Execute, and when i do that it gets to about the Playstation 2 logo screen when the game boots up, then the screen goes black and i go back to the PCSX menue with this in the log (EE) Tlb Miss, addr=0xb4 [load]
(EE) PC: 0x00302310 Cycle: 0x65ef4ab6. To me they practically look the same, but again, i dont know anything about this emulator. But like i said earlier, my friend managed to get the game working some how, but i have to actually load the last state at boot up, and i can only save using the save state, which is rather annoying
Looks like a generic PCSX2 crash. Make sure you have no speed hacks enabled and that the advanced settings are at default. Not sure about the compatibility of this game, maybe there is no other way to play it except from using that workaround your friend suggested
yeah we tried a lot before he did this work around he did, so i'm not sure what's up. i do remember him saying that this game didnt like the newer version of the emulator, if that makes any sense
Hi!

I'm trying to make this game run since a loooooong time! The last emulator version was 0.94. Juraiknight, can you please explain how to make it work? Of course had no speed hacks enabled and the advanced settings at default at every single attempt.

Thank you so much in advance!
Luk
Use the null sound plugin to boot the game, make a save state at the first menu, then put the SPU2-X plugin back into place and load save state. This method only works with save states, if you use a memory card save you have to switch back to null sound every time you want to load.

You may also have to turn on extra in clamping. I can't remember the exact settings I had, but you absolutely MUST start the game with nullsound plugin to even get it to boot.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-15-2009, 08:29 AM)Koji Wrote: Use the null sound plugin to boot the game, make a save state at the first menu, then put the SPU2-X plugin back into place and load save state. This method only works with save states, if you use a memory card save you have to switch back to null sound every time you want to load.

You may also have to turn on extra in clamping. I can't remember the exact settings I had, but you absolutely MUST start the game with nullsound plugin to even get it to boot.
Thank for the info. This method work only on Playground. New GUI (Runtime error), but Legacy after created save state. Legacy closed down itself. I try to load it. It failed to load save state.