The "Time Crisis" series on PCSX2 r5051
I can't say what the exact problem is. It's telling though that the game does progress though when you enable speedhacks.
This should mean that some code is hammering the IOP or EE to check for the firewire port.
It probably doesn't leave any CPU time to the actual game code.

The preferred fix is a newer BIOS version for now and sorry, I can't give you an eta for when we get this working with all BIOSes.

Sponsored links

Thank you for posting what you could, Rama. I know it's low-priority, but I do hope that Time Crisis fixes come to pass at some point. Time Crisis II and 3 need to be preserved, and, curiously, the series cannot get a break in that regard. For example, NAMCO hasn't[, for understandable reasons,] considered an HD compilation for Time Crisis II and 3, trapping them on the PS2 and, therefore, keeping the titles off LCD monitors/televisions. Furthermore, other platforms, such as MAME, only support the original Time Crisis at the moment.

Still, I appreciate that there's a dedicated group still willing to post topics like this one. I do hope that full support for Time Crisis II and 3 is established at some point in the future. Either way, as contrived as this may sound, I do want to thank the development team for getting PCSX2 as far as it is now.
[Image: VdsVMGt.jpg]
Windows 7 (64-bit) | Intel Q8200 Quad Core | nVidia GeForce GTX 260 | 4GB of RAM
(09-09-2012, 10:17 PM)ShadowofDoubt Wrote: Thank you for posting what you could, Rama. I know it's low-priority, but I do hope that Time Crisis fixes come to pass at some point. Time Crisis II and 3 need to be preserved, and, curiously, the series cannot get a break in that regard. For example, NAMCO hasn't[, for understandable reasons,] considered an HD compilation for Time Crisis II and 3, trapping them on the PS2 and, therefore, keeping the titles off LCD monitors/televisions. Furthermore, other platforms, such as MAME, only support the original Time Crisis at the moment.

Still, I appreciate that there's a dedicated group still willing to post topics like this one. I do hope that full support for Time Crisis II and 3 is established at some point in the future. Either way, as contrived as this may sound, I do want to thank the development team for getting PCSX2 as far as it is now.

What he said! Smile

Just starting to build my games collection for my game cab and soooooo wanting the time crisis series on there. Got dual AimTrak lightguns setup and raring to go!