The application won't open
When I double click on "pcsx2", it doesn't open. Instead, I see the dock jerk really quickly, as though it's about to open the program but closes out quickly. After that, nothing happens. I've also tried opening it by right clicking on the iso and choosing "open with".
I have all three programs installed, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm using snow leopard.

Sponsored links

(07-06-2011, 10:08 PM)Drinker of Coffee Wrote: When I double click on "pcsx2", it doesn't open. Instead, I see the dock jerk really quickly, as though it's about to open the program but closes out quickly. After that, nothing happens. I've also tried opening it by right clicking on the iso and choosing "open with".
I have all three programs installed, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm using snow leopard.

Log out of your user, then log back in. If that doesn't work, try restarting your computer or redownloading the program. The program worked right off the bat for me after I logged out and logged back in.
(07-06-2011, 10:08 PM)Drinker of Coffee Wrote: When I double click on "pcsx2", it doesn't open. Instead, I see the dock jerk really quickly, as though it's about to open the program but closes out quickly. After that, nothing happens. I've also tried opening it by right clicking on the iso and choosing "open with".

this thread might help as well, you're probably not the first one with this problem:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Pcsx2-don-t-want-to-work
Thanks, I got the application to open, by using the Leopard version instead of Snow Leopard.
However, when I try to run the iso, I get a lot of errors. It says it's missing the bios. Well, I got a bios now so where do I put it?
in the "bios" folder
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-07-2011, 12:01 AM)Drinker of Coffee Wrote: Thanks, I got the application to open, by using the Leopard version instead of Snow Leopard.
However, when I try to run the iso, I get a lot of errors. It says it's missing the bios. Well, I got a bios now so where do I put it?

More specifically, go to the config menu and click on the "select bios dir" at the bottom left of the window. Select the folder that your bios are in and then on the bottom right of the window in the drop-down menu select your bios. Then, run your bios (no disc) and make sure it works and format your memory cards from within in the PS2 menu.

That should get you started!
(07-07-2011, 12:16 AM)flurgle Wrote: More specifically, go to the config menu and click on the "select bios dir" at the bottom left of the window. Select the folder that your bios are in and then on the bottom right of the window in the drop-down menu select your bios. Then, run your bios (no disc) and make sure it works and format your memory cards from within in the PS2 menu.

That should get you started!

Thanks once again. I did all that, and selected the bios with my region.
However, when I chose "Run Bios (No Disk)", I get 2 errors:
"Can't create gsLog.txt"
and GS plugin failed to initialize. Error Code -1".
(07-07-2011, 12:38 AM)Drinker of Coffee Wrote: Thanks once again. I did all that, and selected the bios with my region.
However, when I chose "Run Bios (No Disk)", I get 2 errors:
"Can't create gsLog.txt"
and GS plugin failed to initialize. Error Code -1".

Did you install the ZZ Ogl PG 0.1.0 graphics plugin? That's the one I use and it looks like it might be a graphics plugin error. It's on the downloads page: http://pcsx2mac.net/downloads/

Also, have you tried running your iso? Any luck with that?
(07-07-2011, 12:53 AM)flurgle Wrote: Did you install the ZZ Ogl PG 0.1.0 graphics plugin? That's the one I use and it looks like it might be a graphics plugin error. It's on the downloads page: http://pcsx2mac.net/downloads/

Also, have you tried running your iso? Any luck with that?

I downloaded the graphics plugin, and ran the program. It asked me to select pcsx2.app, do I did that. After pressing open, it just quit.
Afterwards, I tried running the bios again, and got the same error.
I've also tried opening the iso, and that didn't work either.
Tomorrow, I may try running a game from a PS2 disk.
(07-07-2011, 02:57 AM)Drinker of Coffee Wrote: I downloaded the graphics plugin, and ran the program. It asked me to select pcsx2.app, do I did that. After pressing open, it just quit.
Afterwards, I tried running the bios again, and got the same error.
I've also tried opening the iso, and that didn't work either.
Tomorrow, I may try running a game from a PS2 disk.

I don't believe that you can run from a PS2 disk.
When I installed the graphics plugin, I made sure that PCSX2 was already open before I opened the plugin with PCSX2.

That might help