The link to why Spyro 4 Does not work.
(10-14-2013, 01:16 AM)KeepBotting Wrote: Doesn't display the intro cutscene? Don't go mucking about with files, that'll only break more stuff. Try using the Skip MPEG game fix.
No, the game has no Video, the title screen doesn't display because the game just stops rendering.

(10-14-2013, 01:00 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: It's possible that the reason removing those files doesn't break the game further is because they wouldn't have been loaded yet anyway.

Well i can't imagine a file called initscrn would be used later than the intro...

Sponsored links

(10-14-2013, 01:19 AM)Slvr99 Wrote: No, the game has no Video, the title screen doesn't display because the game just stops rendering.

Well i can't imagine a file called initscrn would be used later than the intro...

Well assuming you go by the initscrn name, it initializes a screen right? The question is what screen?

The screen that you are thinking?
The options screen?
Something else?

Many of my own programs have subroutines named "init_thisorthat" but that doesn't mean they run right at the start. In my RPG engine, the init_screen routine is actually used to render the random battle backdrop based on the overworld backdrop. Hence it initializes the battle screen based on a previous screen. And no where near the start of my game.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-14-2013, 01:25 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Well assuming you go by the initscrn name, it initializes a screen right? The question is what screen?

The screen that you are thinking?
The options screen?
Something else?

Many of my own programs have subroutines named "init_thisorthat" but that doesn't mean they run right at the start. In my RPG engine, the init_screen routine is actually used to render the random battle backdrop based on the overworld backdrop. Hence it initializes the battle screen based on a previous screen. And no where near the start of my game.
Yes it may be likely it inits the HUD or something else, but judging by the fact the game doesn't render at all, that's most likely the use of it. It most likely starts the rendering process of the entire game. And we can't just brush this off saying it MIGHT be this or something else. I am just about 90% sure this file is our solution to this and until someone actually tries to get it to load, we will never know.
(10-14-2013, 01:44 AM)Slvr99 Wrote: until someone actually tries to get it to load, we will never know.

Exactly, so you being 90% sure is rather funny Tongue
(10-14-2013, 01:52 AM)Coornio Wrote: Exactly, so you being 90% sure is rather funny Tongue
There is no time to joke around. There is a small chance it isn't the problem, but i am certain it is.
I don't get why everyone is putting the guy down. It is a starting point at least. Better then what information was present before right? If it is these files you would have to put your own feet in your mouths. If it isn't the reason, then it is just two pieces that are removed from the equation right?
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

Ever think the game just isnt working yet? All you have shown is you are assuming its those files with out any proof.
The logic is flawed, unfortunately.
The game has to be debugged just like many before it and we'll find the problem is that some flag on the GS
or IPU isn't set / unset when it should be. It has nothing to do with particular files on the disk, just the regular
game code (the elf).

Edit:
As an aside: I have the game and yep, doesn't work Tongue2
Here is something you can try if you are really determined to pursue this course of action. Go on Google and search for a program called PS2DIS. It's a disassembler for PS2. Extract your game executable(ELF) from the ISO. The executable is the file that's like SCUS_972.58, obviously Spyro 4 will be different than that, but you should be able to recognize it because it looks like that. Also it will be in the root directory of the disc/iso. Then use PS2DIS to open the file you extracted. You will end up with the assembly language version of the file. Hunt through it and see if you can find a reference to your initscrn files, and if you can see whereabouts it is in the program and what else is nearby, etc.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-14-2013, 01:15 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Here is something you can try if you are really determined to pursue this course of action. Go on Google and search for a program called PS2DIS. It's a disassembler for PS2. Extract your game executable(ELF) from the ISO. The executable is the file that's like SCUS_972.58, obviously Spyro 4 will be different than that, but you should be able to recognize it because it looks like that. Also it will be in the root directory of the disc/iso. Then use PS2DIS to open the file you extracted. You will end up with the assembly language version of the file. Hunt through it and see if you can find a reference to your initscrn files, and if you can see whereabouts it is in the program and what else is nearby, etc.

I will try this when i can and i'll see. Also, i will check out the Enter the Dragonfly Demo and see if it includes these 2 files. If it doesn't, i'll check if it works in the emulator. if it does work, it will further prove my point that these 2 files are the problem.