The link to why Spyro 4 Does not work.
That doesnt prove anything, all you will prove there is the game is coded differently. The game is more likely falling over somewhere in the main .elf file, not a resource file.

Also you misinterpreted rama there, he said no OBVIOUS bugs, meaning nothing jumped out and bit us in the face, this also means the actual bug will be quite difficult to track down.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(10-16-2013, 03:05 PM)refraction Wrote: That doesnt prove anything, all you will prove there is the game is coded differently. The game is more likely falling over somewhere in the main .elf file, not a resource file.

Also you misinterpreted rama there, he said no OBVIOUS bugs, meaning nothing jumped out and bit us in the face, this also means the actual bug will be quite difficult to track down.

Look, i know you all are coders and i'm not, but just because the forums say i'm a "newbie" does NOT mean i really am. I know what i'm talking about and this file is our problem. I don't understand what it is about people trying to dispute this when we could be figuring this out together. If some real coders actually put effort into this game, maybe they can prove me wrong.
Weve been doing this for near on 10 years, we have a fair idea with most things. I cant see that file being the issue.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-16-2013, 03:14 PM)Slvr99 Wrote: Look, i know you all are coders and i'm not, but just because the forums say i'm a "newbie" does NOT mean i really am. I know what i'm talking about and this file is our problem. I don't understand what it is about people trying to dispute this when we could be figuring this out together. If some real coders actually put effort into this game, maybe they can prove me wrong.

you knwo what ? this is an open source project.
since you aren't a newbie and are apparently able to use MIPS debuggers/disassemblers, when do you think you can bring your solution to this bug . would be a good idea to join the project as a coder : https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-16-2013, 03:28 PM)jesalvein Wrote: you knwo what ? this is an open source project.
since you aren't a newbie and are apparently able to use MIPS debuggers/disassemblers, when do you think you can bring your solution to this bug . would be a good idea to join the project as a coder : https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/

I have the source and was thinking about it, but i don't have time myself to fix this issue. I have other stuff to attend to and i am not used to C++, only C#. The reason this game would be great if fixed is the others who actually like this game will get to play in HD. Also, it's possible to change the game's Internal Resolution from 512x448 to 1920x1080 by modding the CFG file inside the ISO. Not many games can do that! But, if you coders want to blow this chance and opportunity off to fix small bugs in games nobody has, plays, or never heard of, go ahead. I am just pointing out the obvious problem of the game so you coders can fix it. This game will forever be that last good Spyro game to date.
(10-16-2013, 04:54 PM)Slvr99 Wrote: I have the source and was thinking about it, but i don't have time myself to fix this issue. I have other stuff to attend to and i am not used to C++, only C#.
too bad. it would have been the best way to make us understand your "logic".
Quote:But, if you coders want to blow this chance and opportunity off to fix small bugs in games nobody has, plays, or never heard of, go ahead.
lol.
it's not because you lack culture that it necessarily means everyone around here does too... Or you are just limiting your points of view to Georgia...
in reference to what you said earlier :
silvr99 Wrote:You must not see the SVN releases. An entire release is usually dedicated to one game. The latest improved Ace Combat 5, which is a lesser known game than Spyro.
read and learn , kiddo :
wikipedia Wrote:Spyro : Enter the Dragonfly

GameRankings (PS2) 55.58%
Metacritic (PS2) 56/100[3]

Ace Combat 5

Aggregator Score
GameRankings 85 of 100[32]
Metacritic 84 of 100[33]

I suggest you read the wikipedia age of both games to get an idea of how many copies of AC5 were sold in the World
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-16-2013, 09:41 PM)jesalvein Wrote: too bad. it would have been the best way to make us understand your "logic".
lol.
it's not because you lack culture that it necessarily means everyone around here does too... Or you are just limiting your points of view to Georgia...
in reference to what you said earlier : read and learn , kiddo :

I suggest you read the wikipedia age of both games to get an idea of how many copies of AC5 were sold in the World

I never said Spyro had a better score, i said Better Known. The franchise Spyro the Dragon is much more know than Ace Combat, and Enter the Dragonfly is part of the Spyro Franchise obviously. It also became a Greatest Hits and Player's Choice game. And just so you know, i was not born in Georgia nor do i actually like the place, i hate the "culture" here. And what in the holy mother of Sony does Culture have to do with fixing Spyro 4?
Off-topic to the whole subject, but the reason i liked this particular game was because it was always so damn fluid on the PS2, without a hitch of delay, and the framerate so smooth, it really was pleasing.

I would be grateful if i could play this game again, especially in the crisp graphics this emulator can provide. In reality though, i'm more interested in playing Jak X. That game was magnificent, and it's too bad it's unbootable yet.

So hey, let's let him try, ain't there nothing to lose Smile
(10-16-2013, 11:33 PM)Coornio Wrote: Off-topic to the whole subject, but the reason i liked this particular game was because it was always so damn fluid on the PS2, without a hitch of delay, and the framerate so smooth, it really was pleasing.

I would be grateful if i could play this game again, especially in the crisp graphics this emulator can provide. In reality though, i'm more interested in playing Jak X. That game was magnificent, and it's too bad it's unbootable yet.

So hey, let's let him try, ain't there nothing to lose Smile

The only thing i'll be trying is to ensure that i know the problem. Also, the reason this game is the last good Spyro game is because the Graphics were great and the game was the last to use the PS1 resources (Sounds, Music Composer, Voice Actors, Features) and that makes this game one of the classics. And the glitches are definitely not game-breaking. They sometimes are funny and amusing to see. Anyway, back on topic, once i can test my Demo, if it works then my theory of those 2 files being it will be true. Still waiting. Might be able to test in a few days.
(10-16-2013, 11:31 PM)Slvr99 Wrote: I never said Spyro had a better score, i said Better Known. The franchise Spyro the Dragon is much more know than Ace Combat, and Enter the Dragonfly is part of the Spyro Franchise obviously. It also became a Greatest Hits and Player's Choice game. And just so you know, i was not born in Georgia nor do i actually like the place, i hate the "culture" here. And what in the holy mother of Sony does Culture have to do with fixing Spyro 4?

Like you where told IF you so sure it that file go debug it your self, The creator of the emulator told it not that file yet you still seem to think it is.