The link to why Spyro 4 Does not work.
(10-17-2013, 11:14 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: So believe it or not I went out and hunted this game down at a pawn shop today(actually I was hunting for a used Sony brand PS2 controller too) because this thread is in my head now. $3 later(but no controller) and here we are. I've been experimenting for a while, with no luck. HOWEVER I did find something interesting. I'm not sure if the devs are aware or not but there are three CFG files in the root director of the disc. Two are not gonna be the problem, but the spyrocfg.cfg has some interesting stuff in it. I read the whole thing, and if there is anything useful in it, it should be in this part:

I'm gonna try to muck with it now.

I've messed around with that. The Resolution can actually be changed to 1920x1080 and work! Images don't display though... ANYWAY, i finally got to test the Demo of Spyro 4! And guess what! The demo does NOT have those 2 files involving initscrn! AND JUST GUESS WHAT! The Demo WORKS! Yep, it runs and looks beautiful in 1920x1080. I do have bit of rendering bugs though, but that might just be my skipdraw setting. So now, we have just about solid proof those 2 files ARE causing the problem. And i am in the process of swapping the Demo Files with the Actual game's files and seeing if i can trick the game into thinking it doesn't need the files (use the demo base). Wish me luck and i hope some people look further into these files!

Sponsored links

Good luck.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Alright, it looks like the game won't let me change the files too much. Adding anything keeps the game from loading and the demo will either crash to the BIOS or back the the Menu if I add files. I guess the only way the game will run is a developer's fix. It will also need some tweaking because the in-game rendering is a bit buggy. Well, if any devs are determined to get some happy customers, i'm looking forward to seeing someone fix this game if they can find the exact problem if it isn't those files. I'm done working with this game and i'll leave it to the Developers from here on out. Good Luck to anyone who is/will make a fix!
What happen to the "its these files" you where so sure about this whole thread? You where told it wasnt those files
He/she still thinks it's related to these files and thinks he/she has proven it. So let's say it is , say "thank you miss/mister, you were right" and we'll be done with it since he/she said he/she will be waiting for a fix.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-18-2013, 07:58 AM)jesalvein Wrote: He/she still thinks it's related to these files and thinks he/she has proven it. So let's say it is , say "thank you miss/mister, you were right" and we'll be done with it since he/she said he/she will be waiting for a fix.

Yep, I am sure it's these files and I'm done trying to convince self-centered people. I will let you devs work on it yourselves. I hope at least somebody will try to fix the game and i wish good luck to whoever tries!
Let's just kill this thread, it's not making anyone happy. Not the OP, not the devs. Just a shouting match. Completely unproductive at this point.

Just my two cents.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Agreed, closing.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]