The resolution settings in GSdx
Why the minimum resolution is 512x512 if you can set to even lower by editing the GSdx.ini

Sponsored links

Current minimum in the svn GSdx revisions is 256x256, there just hasnt been a public beta of the plugins for some time. Compile or get your hands on the new ones if you want to be able to set it from the graphical interface but as you said you can also set it form the ini.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
here works,setting as minimum 256x256 working perfectly,but even with my crappy pc i dont see why you want to set that resolution(all games look just horrible)
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
(12-05-2009, 02:41 PM)diegochiha Wrote: here works,setting as minimum 256x256 working perfectly,but even with my crappy pc i dont see why you want to set that resolution(all games look just horrible)

That was just a question,and yes it works,I also have the beta but I didn't check it before posting because the last time when I wanted just to try something I wasn't able to set lower resolution from the settings.

I was just wondering why it's maded that way(if you can change it from the ini,why it's not maded possible to change it(till now) from GSdx)
i think there is some bug in somewere in the gui that dont let you change the resolution lower than 512x512
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
If I had to guess, it was probably set that way originally to keep people from trying it and reporting games being unplayable due to how horrible the graphics are (I tried 256x256 on an old PC just to see if I could get it to run and almost all text was illegible)

I wonder though who would even try to run a game were the resolution is less than 1/4th that of native...
[Image: 2748844.png]
I'm not saying that I want to use 256x256 but for example from the GSdx I wasn't able to set for example 640x480 because the minimum was 512x512