The selected gs plugin failed to load, help..
Question 
Okay, just to let you guys/gals know I'm a noob on here and pcsx2 xD...

So,
I really want to play my dynasty warriors 5 game on my pc, I already made an iso of it and played it on my laptop. When I played it on pcsx2 0.9.8 the graphics are okay at the beginning but the running ,attacking, 3d part is very slow.

I'm using sse2 but I don't know the difference between the sse2 and 3?
Whenever I load sse3 it says it fails to load, but in my info saying ''x86 something'' says sse2, sse3 and so on o.o

I have updated my directx with the june 2010 package however you call it today and the microsoft c++2008 and c++2010

Right now I am on directx 10,
I'm running a windows vista..
Processor: AMD TUrion™64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52 (2 CPUS)
Chip Type: ATI Radeon X1200 Series (0x791F)

Can someone help?

Sponsored links

Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMDs latest FX CPU series ONLY support the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one, except in the case of an FX processor where you should use SSE4.1.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-24-2012, 08:09 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMDs latest FX CPU series ONLY support the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one, except in the case of an FX processor where you should use SSE4.1.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.

Hmm... okay, so how am I suppose the game in a normal speed if that's possible?
By getting a decent machine.
Both your cpu/gpu are too slow for pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You can start activating speedhacks, and lowering the game resolution.
I may be wrong, but your system is not strong enough for the emulator.

And Vista OS is not recommended for anything, lol

The best option is to buy the PC port of this game, it should run better.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
[Image: newreal.png]
Well that sucks... I had this laptop for years.. repaired it many times with a repair disc... Can't afford to buy a new one at the moment, lol, so time to save up some money!

How can I lower the resolution and enable speedhack? Will there be any problems if I lower it or whatever? (like choppy sounds, etc.? )

Speedhack says something about not recommended..
What should the speedhack be? Like 1, 2, or 3 for which?
Presets 4/5 are usually the best on slower systems. Move the slider and see for yourself how it affects the settings. As for resolution, that's via the video plugin (GSdx) config.
Okay thank you for the replies Smile
About the video resolution. Do not confuse it with the screen resolution, I mean there is that resolution you can set the size of PCSX2 window (when playing windowed of course), it can be securely be kept the same you use in your desktop when full screen.

That is set at the "Video GS" option under the "Config" tab but then clicking "Window Settings"

The other is the resolution the game itself is drawn by PCSX2 and have a greater performance hit on low end systems (like most laptops). This is set in the GS plugin (probably you will be using GSDX) as already pointed. Keep it native in your case.

Follow the advices on former posts, you will need a greater deal of speed hack on most games in that machine and this translates as you may need to compromise quality and accept some oddness in a few game to have it playable. To some games that OP's rig is too weak and those games should be avoided today.
Imagination is where we are truly real