The snow effect is really cool how is it accomplished?
Is it all CSS? Is it using Javascript? Jquery?

I could probably find it out but I don't want to dig through thousands of lines of code to isolate what is doing the animation.

Sponsored links

It's a plugin, but this is the wrong section. Moving it to site discussion.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Right click > View source > Search for snowstorm.
I guess I misunderstood what "general discussion" entailed in this context.
I would guess it's javascript to keep track of all the instances of snow. Althought this plugin is quite old, it could probably be done in CSS
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-18-2015, 02:49 PM)refraction Wrote: I would guess it's javascript to keep track of all the instances of snow. Althought this plugin is quite old, it could probably be done in CSS

If it's really old I doubt it would be possible in CSS I think the CSS needed to do something like this was only introduced in CSS 3.0

Looking at the code they are all individual div's with the text color set to white and each snowflake is a large . Their position is being constantly adjusted which is difficult (but not impossible) to do with regular javascript so I'm leaning towards Jquery.

They are animating but there are no "animations" applied in CSS according to Firefox's inspector so it's either javascript or jquery given the sites code (can't be asp.net, php or anything like that).
*Sigh*

(12-18-2015, 01:07 AM)K.F Wrote: Right click > View source > Search for snowstorm.
http://www.schillmania.com/projects/snowstorm/

This is what it is, someone just put it in a plugin for ease of use.
(12-18-2015, 03:00 PM)bomblord Wrote: If it's really old I doubt it would be possible in CSS I think the CSS needed to do something like this was only introduced in CSS 3.0

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I mean these days it could probably be done in CSS, the plugin however won't be, it is most likely javascript
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I would even doubt that it is possible with modern css. This is also really not the idea of css.
(I don't think that modern css supports getting the mouse position and making a transform dependent on it)