There is great improvement in a i7 CPU?
I have a E8500 in the actuality and works very good this pcsx2 in general

but maybe soon adquire to i7 platform, my question is, is used in this emulator support i7 platform with greatly improved in fps?

Thanks and a greeting

Sponsored links

Check this thread, it has some tests with i7 vs core 2 at same speed but in short yes there is an increase Tongue

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-9356.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks shadow lady, mm expected improved wider, but I guess that pcsx2 is not optimized for 4 cores?

gretz Smile
don't guess, read and know Wink

PCSX2 0.9.6 FAQ Wrote:Does the emulator support 4 cores?

No, currently only 2 cores are supported. To make Pcsx2 efficiently use 3 or more cores will require major code changes. So don't ask when quad-core support will be available, since it won't be anytime soon! However, pcsx2 will run fine on your quadcore cpu. It just won't benefit from the extra 2 cores.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
If you have a game that needs GSdx running in software the extra cores come in handy :P
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
thanks zero29, I do not have very good English, so sorry for asking things that are very likely already covered, but it costs more to find the answers in the search.

by the time I already have my main doubts resolved, thank you very much Smile

edit, ah oks shadow I had not thought about that
(08-26-2009, 02:02 AM)Metroid Prime Wrote: thanks zero29, I do not have very good English, so sorry for asking things that are very likely already covered, but it costs more to find the answers in the search.

by the time I already have my main doubts resolved, thank you very much Smile

edit, ah oks shadow I had not thought about that

no big deal, but it's always a good idea to at least check the faq and other stickied threads before posting, that's what they are there for.

and before you get too exited about the software mode, 4 cores will not double the fps you get with 2 cores Wink
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(08-26-2009, 02:14 AM)zero29 Wrote: no big deal, but it's always a good idea to at least check the faq and other stickied threads before posting, that's what they are there for.

You're right, but he thought there would answer to that

Quote:and before you get too exited about the software mode, 4 cores will not double the fps you get with 2 cores Wink

if, I imagine

in general that works better PCX2 in i7 if change the plataform is secondary, but something interesting too.

greetings