This is correct?
read the first post
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

Sponsored links

(03-11-2014, 03:02 PM)jackyyn308 Wrote: ok,I'm all ears,i read this post again。。。。

Just because the ee is emulated on the cpu, and the gs isnt emulated solely by the gpu. The gs thread is mainly driven by the cpu.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quote:Just because the ee is emulated on the cpu, and the gs isnt emulated solely by the gpu. The gs thread is mainly driven by the cpu.

Hence in SW mode it's why the GS% always maxes out, and the extra rendering threads setting helps to decrease the "pain" on the cpu.
GS reading is mainly cpu driven.

Of course, low EE and GS% with slowdowns could point to a gpu issue. It takes a process of elimination to figure out the cause.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Here to test frameskip method.
1. Try increase internal res which cause slowdown.
2. Then apply frameskipping ( mine 3 frame to draw. 2 frame to skip)
Then you'll have stable speed with no graphical issue. May be frameskipping should be used on bottleneck GS (Grapic Card). Thank you
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
(03-12-2014, 12:52 AM)billyash Wrote: Here to test frameskip method.
1. Try increase internal res which cause slowdown.
2. Then apply frameskipping ( mine 3 frame to draw. 2 frame to skip)
Then you'll have stable speed with no graphical issue. May be frameskipping should be used on bottleneck GS (Grapic Card). Thank you

wait, are you suggesting to increase the internal resolution and then apply frameskip to try and correct the first "mistake"?

Billy, sometimes I can't just understand the logic you use. The frameskip, even if worked nicely would still be a major issue for game smoothness.

Such suggestions are actually harming, both to potential users as for PCSX2 reputation as whole, due to all potential issues they bring.

Edit: Are you aware of what drawing 3 frames and then skipping whole 2 frames really mean? at the best scenery it would reflect as a jerking movement of any fast moving object.
Imagination is where we are truly real
nosisab Ken Keleh#
i'm sorry. I didn't say suggest but to test. With this methode. We may fix current frameskipping wich is buggy. "if we give autoskip with GS load check". That mean we use autoskipping "only" when GS load high.and when GS load low there will not skipping. Like logical gate.
fps GS autoskip
1 1 0
1 0 0
0 1 1
0 0 0
1.In fps and GS ( 0= low fps(< 60/50fps), low GS % load ; 1= high fps(60/50fps or more), high GS % load);
2. In auto skip (1= on ; 0=off)
With this methode we may help speeding up for who has weak GPU or demanding GPU game.
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
billyash Wrote:With this methode we may help speeding up for who has weak GPU or demanding GPU game.

This is really interesting for me, with this methode you posted (Of what i don't know anything about, lol) i would be able to play, for example.. DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 without FPS Drops in my PC?
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ 2,6 GHz
RAM: 2GB DDR2
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 1 GB

Cya~
Your rig is very weak for that.
try dbz budokai series which was made by dimps. they are lighter.
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

(03-14-2014, 05:14 AM)Shouvanik Wrote: Your rig is very weak for that.
try dbz budokai series which was made by dimps. they are lighter.

Budokai 3 and also Infinite World are hard to emulate, that's why people told me.. also Infinite World runs at 30 FPS for me, and BT3 runs at 60 but with some annoying FPS Drop to 50..

Cya~
thats false. dimps games are one of the lightest ones.
try using frameskips, speedhacks, native res. to get maximum speed.
what does ee% and gs% says when u get a slowdown?
My Steam Profile