Timesplitters 2 Graphics Issue
Hi I'm trying to play Timesplitters 2 (PAL)

I'm using PCSX2 1.0.0, GSdx 5334 / gsdx32-ssse3-r5350

At the title screen there seem to be some very minor graphical artefacts (horizontal/vertical lines across the screen).

However when I get in-game these lines seem to cover most of the screen except for the top left (making it very difficult to see the game).
I can see a couple of other people had this issue with an earlier version of PCSX2; I'm just wondering if this is a known issue or if there is a fix for this?

Sponsored links

screemshots?
specs pc?
settings pcsx2?

kinda hard to help without this information
Hi thanks for the quick reply, these are my specs:

Windows XP 32-bit 4GB
Intel Dual-Core E6300 2.80GHz
Radeon HD 4870 512MB

I have tried the settings all on default, and with the speedhacks and gamefixes disabled and I still see the same result.
I will provide screenshots of my config and the game.
Please let me know if you need any more info.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-21-2012, 01:21 AM)no1 Wrote: Hi thanks for the quick reply, these are my specs:

Windows XP 32-bit 4GB
Intel Dual-Core E6300 2.80GHz
Radeon HD 4870 512MB

I have tried the settings all on default, and with the speedhacks and gamefixes disabled and I still see the same result.
I will provide screenshots of my config and the game.
Please let me know if you need any more info.

have you looked in the compatibility list to see if the game is even playable to begin with?
could be that the game has still issues with the emulator and is unplayable to begin with.

edit,

i see you are using xp, which dont have acces to dx 10 >.<
The PAL version seems to be listed as playable.

I know I can't use DirectX 10 though it is listed as Direct3D9 on the GSdx page. I presume this is supported?

I should also mention I don't experience this particular issue in other games.
+ also worth mentioning I have tried this with Direct3D9 (Software) and I get the same result.
xp uses directx 9 i think. u should have the latest directx installed on your machine so u can select directx 10 or 11 hardware mode in the graphics plug in, but u have xp so initially it's not supported. u should update windows 1st. find out what u need to do to install directx 10 or 11 on xp
(10-21-2012, 10:03 AM)solidus Wrote: xp uses directx 9 i think. u should have the latest directx installed on your machine so u can select directx 10 or 11 hardware mode in the graphics plug in, but u have xp so initially it's not supported. u should update windows 1st. find out what u need to do to install directx 10 or 11 on xp

you cant, dx10 is a vista feautere, he can never have dx 10 on xp.

period.
i don't know. directx 11 is a win 7 feature and can't be put on vista, however if u install a certain windows update on vista then u can install directx 11. i am assuming the same thing applies to xp and directx 10
(10-21-2012, 12:38 PM)solidus Wrote: i don't know. directx 11 is a win 7 feature and can't be put on vista, however if u install a certain windows update on vista then u can install directx 11. i am assuming the same thing applies to xp and directx 10

nope

xp is as good as dead now anyway.
To be honest I don't know what you are on about.
I've run PCSX2 on Win7 64-bit with Direct3D10 (Hardware) and this still occurs.