Timesplitters Future Perfect randomly speeding up then slowing down (NOT FPS)
Hi there, first time using an emulator ever but after many hours I managed to get TS working reasonably well.

The only problem is that the game seems to want to go into random slow-mo and then speed up right after before settling into normal speed. The audio does this in step.

It isn't FPS, well AFAIK, as I've never seen anything quite like it.

I'm using the latest version of PCSX2, ISO is from a genuine disk, I'm running the game at 1920x1080, DirectX9 (system is 10, though it seems to cause issues if set to 10).

System Specs:

Windows 7 Professional (64 bit)
Inter Core Duo E6850 3GHz
4GB RAM
HD 5770

Sponsored links

Do you have any speedhacks enabled?
(07-04-2012, 07:51 AM)Archerko Wrote: Do you have any speedhacks enabled?

That's the strange thing, I don't :/
Please post here any non default settings you used...
(07-04-2012, 12:54 PM)Archerko Wrote: Please post here any non default settings you used...

Alright, thanks:

Well like I said, I'm running at 1920x1080 16:9, Direct3D9 and that's all I can think of really, apart from control configuration (obviously).
Tried reducing the internal resolution?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-04-2012, 01:13 PM)Bositman Wrote: Tried reducing the internal resolution?

Just tried, the only difference is the lower half of the screen is overlayed with what looks like colourful static.
So how did you decide it is not the FPS? Are you getting 60/60 constantly?
(07-04-2012, 01:30 PM)Bositman Wrote: So how did you decide it is not the FPS? Are you getting 60/60 constantly?

Most of the time I get 57-60, but occasionally dips to 40 FPS at worst. I don't see how that dip could translate to slow-motion, maybe emulators work differently? But how does that also explain the speeding up?
Yes emulation works differently. You need to get 60 FPS to get 100% speed. If you get 30 FPS the game will run in half the normal speed. If you get 120 FPS it will run twice the normal speed etc.