Tips on getting Odin Sphere to run well
Hello! I recently downloaded PCSX2 and decided to try and play Odin Sphere as I saw it on the list of games that play faster. However, it's so slow right now that it's unplayable, and I was hoping people here could give me tips specific to my PC to speed it up.

I'm running Vista, and my specs are:

AMD Phenom 9150e Quad Core Processor 1.8ghz
4 gigs ram
Nvidia GForce 6150SE

I'm using ZeroGS v0.97.1, SPU2-X, and Gigaherz's CDVD v0.7.0. I've tried checking all the speed hacks already.

Any tips would be appreciated, and if my PC isn't good enough to run Odin Sphere, I'd like to know that too, so I can stop wasting my time trying to get it to work. Tongue

Thank you in advance!

Sponsored links

first, use gsdx, it's faster than ZGS, and if you can, overclock the cpu a little bit, because pcsx2 only uses 2 cores, so the other two are idle.... about the graphics card, it is me or it is an old model?
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
Try making a ISO of the game and playing it with Linuz Iso CDVD plugin, in ZeroGS make sure you didnt check any of the AA modes.
Okay, thanks, I'll switch to GDSX. My graphics card does need replacing, I plan to do so soon. I'll try playing it with the Linuz plugin as well.

Other games I've tried are running for me fine, all games on the faster list. Odin Sphere is the only one giving me trouble so far. Hopefully this'll fix it.
Well actually most games work better with GSdx this is one of the few exceptions where ZeroGS works better, just make sure not to use AA modes in it they can slow everything down Tongue
(06-19-2009, 05:10 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Well actually most games work better with GSdx this is one of the few exceptions where ZeroGS works better, just make sure not to use AA modes in it they can slow everything down Tongue

yeah ZeroGS actually works better for this game for some reason, with GsDX i get like 80 percent speed, but with ZeroGS i get the full 100% with no slowdowns, weird Smile
ChenZen - A blog for games, technology, gadgets, anime, manga, music, or about anything else that interests the average geek.
Alright, so I made an Odin Sphere iso, set configuration to play it with Linuz, and set it to compress using the faster option. However, now the game is playing even SLOWER than it did with just the disc.

Is it any of the options I've set? I'm still using ZeroGS and I don't have anything checked, not even Bilinear Filtering. I'm using the 1.5 cycle rate, and have the INTC Speed Hack and the IOP x 2 hack checked.

Is there anything else I can do, or am I out of luck until I update my graphics card?
slower? then try it without the compression, that will only slow it down!

Have you tried the latest revision of gsdx from the plugin section? you could use either software mode on there or hardware if its quicker, should be faster than zerogs.. But you REALLY do need a new card Tongue2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Odin Sphere just isn't fast enough, wait for newer revisions to speed up whatever it is it's using.
I dont get it, with this options in ZeroGS I can play it full speed no problem. GSdx will slowdown to about 20fps in some scenes instead.

You sure you disabled AA in ZeroGS?

Oh well good luck to you Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)