To increase performance what should I overclock?
I'm playing Shadow of the Colossus and it's running fairly well, but if I want to increase my FPS, should I overclock my CPU or GPU?

Can disk bandwidth be an issue? I could move the .iso to an SSD if that's the case.

My specs:
Quote:i5-2500k @ 4.0Ghz
Gigabyte Windforce 3X 6870 @ 915Mhz
2x4GB G.Skill Sniper RAM @ 1333Mhz

I'm using build #5350 if that's of significance.

Sponsored links

don't overclock either, just put some VU Cycle stealing speedhack on and SotC will be fine Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Also Refraction does PCSX2 make use of Triple Xfire?? I thought it didn't not sure if you can turn it off without having to remove the cards.
(01-13-2013, 09:53 PM)refraction Wrote: don't overclock either, just put some VU Cycle stealing speedhack on and SotC will be fine Smile

I've already set my VU cycle stealing to "2", but I was just wondering if I could get a little more out of the game with a small overclock.
Isn't Shadow of the Colossus the hardest game for the PS2 to run? Even on the console. It only ran half speed on on the PS2.. So running it any faster then 30 FPS is a plus in my book. I haven't booted mine in the comp yet. I am kind of scared too. LOL.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

I usually run day-to-day @ 4.5Ghz.
I remember putting my i5 up to 5Ghz,
and it didn't help at all with SotC.

VU stealing helps. It helps a lot.
It's actually all you need.

... Are you not even getting 60fps or something...? Blink
(01-14-2013, 02:16 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: Also Refraction does PCSX2 make use of Triple Xfire?? I thought it didn't not sure if you can turn it off without having to remove the cards.

Pcsx2 cannot take advantage of any multi-gpu technologies. Nvidia and amd probably wouldn't even make a profile for us.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]