To whatever mod is closing out necro threads in this subforum without saying anything
Well, we have a couple of archive forums. But regular users can't access them. And we want old threads to be accessible as they contain useful information. So I don't see any point of moving them all to a new subforum of "old threads"
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(09-27-2014, 08:56 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Maybe we should write this as an universal rule Smile

its universal rule on all forums so why notBiggrin
(09-27-2014, 09:01 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: There are only two really active "mods" and that's jesalvein and myself. And we both go everywhere.

Bositman is an admin and the only one that mods commonly. And he goes everywhere too.

Edit: Here's my vote: I say we create a mod tool like the Warez tool we have, except for necroposting. I do sometimes get PMs asking why the necro thread was closed without an explanation(though I always provide an explanation, personally Tongue2). If we had a mod tool, then it would be as simple as clicking that. Then the tread is closed and an explanation is given. Easy as pie.

That sounds like a great idea in my opinion but this seems like something that needs to be sorted out by you guys (the forum staff), I was just saying I'm not a big fan of threads being closed down without an explanation, which might confuse newer users or they might even still be waiting for a reply without noticing the thread is locked.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
see my original post its there forums they can mod it how the see fit almost all forums are like this.

Either way Rules need to update. And there need to popup especial for first time posters, that point you the rules and another pertinent information so the same things arnt ask over and over. then agian this wont stop people from not reading or reading what they want and ignoring the rest.
(09-28-2014, 12:13 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: see my original post its there forums they can mod it how the see fit almost all forums are like this.

Either way Rules need to update. And there need to popup especial for first time posters, that point you the rules and another pertinent information so the same things arnt ask over and over. then agian this wont stop people from not reading or reading what they want and ignoring the rest.

You do have to read the rules when you sign up.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(09-28-2014, 12:15 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You do have to read the rules when you sign up.

so do you have all forums but there are forums that also have popup point you to these things before they even allow you to post. which what i think should be implemented.

Cause obviously its not read, or we wouldn't have so many topics closed for the same reason. Problem is people dont read and blindly click which why they should be 2nd maybe even 3rd notice about this before allowing posts.

With a disclaimer saying if you topic was closed it there fault to begin with cause the rules poped up multiple times before they posted. People dont read is the main issueBiggrin
The only issue I see here is that the posts are closed without explanation, and that it's not explicitly in the rules. I'm sure we can get it in the rules, just like I did with witchhunting which we were warning people for and wasn't in the rules.

The fact that people don't read the rules is THEIR OWN FAULT. One chance is enough. If they click without reading, the consequences are their's to accept. I highly oppose adding any "rule popups" because I don't believe in coddling people who take the fact that we have rules for granted.

Edit: I think rule 3 is the best one to modify regarding necroposting. It currently says:

Code:
No spamming, off-topic or advertising posts. We will not tolerate posts that are either irrelevant to a thread's subject or to a forum's subject. Before posting, please try to find the forum that is most fit for your thread.

and could be made to say

Code:
No spamming, off-topic or advertising posts. We will not tolerate posts that are either irrelevant to a thread's subject or to a forum's subject. Before posting, please try to find the forum that is most fit for your thread. Furthermore, please do not post in threads that have not been posted in for 2 months or more.

Or some such.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
^
ehh hem
2 months is pretty short IMO. I'd do it something like 8 months or so (about the time we usually do our releases). I can easily make a moderator tool, just write up some text it will post and it's done. (no time to do it myself)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-29-2014, 03:45 PM)Bositman Wrote: 2 months is pretty short IMO. I'd do it something like 8 months or so (about the time we usually do our releases). I can easily make a moderator tool, just write up some text it will post and it's done. (no time to do it myself)

That'll be useful for the mods.