Toca Race Driver 3 issues
Hi, I'm fairly new to this and need some help, I'm trying to play Toca Race Driver 3 and experiencing fps issues. When I'm in the menus the fps and game run fine but when I try to select a car or try to race the fps and game speed go down. I don't know if my computer is up to par or I'm just stupid, help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

intel core i5-8300h @2.30ghz
GeForce gtx 1050
12gb ddr4 ram
motherboard hp 8478

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Your hardware looks pretty good but you need to pump the brakes on your graphics settings.

As a start, go down to 3x Native, and see how that runs.

I don't know if this game requires any hardware hacks, but if it doesn't have graphical problems, you should leave them all off. If anything, they will drain more performance.

Lastly, it looks like your PCSX2 is outdated. The latest stable build is over two years old now. Consider upgrading to a development build (linked in my signature) if all else fails.
(02-15-2019, 05:28 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

/Unknown SVU micromode opcode called, is that it?

I dropped the setting to 3x and it ran better. I need the hardware hack to stop red lines and a shadow box from showing up. Would a dev build solve that or is it just the game?
SVU = SuperVU, the old VU recompiler that we have pretty much abandoned at this point. If you enabled SuperVU, I strongly recommend you go back to MicroVU. If not, you can probably ignore it safely.

If the red lines are the giant vertical bands spanning the entire screen, those have been fixed by dev builds for a while now. Particularly in the OpenGL renderer.
(02-15-2019, 06:25 PM)pandubz Wrote: SVU = SuperVU, the old VU recompiler that we have pretty much abandoned at this point. If you enabled SuperVU, I strongly recommend you go back to MicroVU. If not, you can probably ignore it safely.

If the red lines are the giant vertical bands spanning the entire screen, those have been fixed by dev builds for a while now. Particularly in the OpenGL renderer.

I was using the Super vu only because I was messing with settings trying to see what would work, and now its working wonderful. in the menus I have to switch to software mode only because the text will layer over it self and make things unreadable. also the loading screens keep flickering, im not really worried about it I don't know what is causing it. I'm guessing a dev build will solve most of this and I wont have to troubleshoot as much. I'll check out the dev builds later tonight, but thank you guys very much.
I got the dev build running and all is well except I still need to keep switching to software mode in the menus because the text is still bleeding through to the next menu. any way too fix that?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)